Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan V Lamont peter=Robbery of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The terrible judging and refereeing aside, .peterson would have been DQed and banned for a minimum 2 years in pretty much every other sports in the world for doping.

Comment

Kotelnyk vs Alexander was another terrible one not mentioned yet. Peterson Khan was not a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Rizzyo View Post
        People need to stop saying that Bradley vs Pacquaio 1, Abril vs Rios and Marquez vs Pacquaio were bigger robberies. Yes, the were more lopsided with regards to the fight, but none of them tested positive for banned substances. How would have Peterson fared without the testosterone?

That loss had a massive impact on Khan's career. Prior to the Lamont fight, there was a lot of talk brewing about him moving up to welterweight. Roach wanted him to have one more fight at the 140 pound weight division against Lamont before moving up.

A small list from the top of my head regarding the controversy that happened during and after the fight:

- Deducting Khan of two points but failing to warn and do the same to Peterson for coming in with his head low.

- 'Hatman' sat next to the judges and peering at their scorecards and conversing with them about their scoring.

- Inquest was to be held and 'Hatman' was to be questioned, was apparently a representative of the IBF. He was unable to be contacted or willing to defend himself from the accusations and declined to give evidence when asked by the WBA.

- Lamont walked away with the IBF title, a title that he cheated to get. Even in his fight against Matthysse in which he lost, he still somehow managed to keep his titles by making the fight at 141 pounds.

- Peterson admitted to the use of testosterone in their first fight, however, Washington DC commission who conducted the drug testing didn't report of him using the banned substance.

- Despite Schaeffer writing to have the fight ruled a no contest, it was declined. Yet, Guerrero vs Salido was ruled a no contest.

Khan should never have had that loss. One of many idiotic decision he's made, fighting in Washington DC was a massive one.

Great points, agrees with everything you wrote here.

Comment

The fact that the result of this fight wasn't changed to a no contest can make it a robbery, whether people like Khan or not his opponent openly claimed he was on some drugs that his doctor gave him for his "Low testetorone or whatever"... That should qualify as a robbery in itself.

Comment

the fight that changed khan career but he is climbing again to the top

Comment

I only watched the fight once, and I thought Khan clearly won the fight. I was very shocked by the decision. I'll have to rewatch it, but I doubt it was worse than Chisora- Helenius or Casamayor-Santa Cruz (sadly).

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
                For the record only Floyd fans say PAC-Marquez 3 was a robbery.. Only Floyd fans say PAC-Bradley 1 was not a robbery.. No surprise there
                It's all the stranger considering Mayweather vs Castillo was a genuine robbery.

About the Khan vs Peterson fight, I do think Khan was treated unfairly, but that's often what happens when you fight in another fighter's country. A lot of people talk about how corrupt Germany is but forget about the robberies of Lara, Pacquiao, Campillo, Sturm, etc. in America (amongst the worst I've seen) and the foreign fighters who were victims of 'British stoppages' in Britain.

Boxing is a dirty sport unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                  Robbery of this decade was Pacquiao vs Marquez III, Or Erislandy Lara vs Paul Williams.
                  only a fanatic mexican fans would call pac-marquez 3 a robbery. in the last viewing i have it for marquez, but it was really-really close fight could go either way.

Comment

Working...
                  X