Comments Thread For: Bradley: Peterson The Best at 140, Beats Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    That matters why?
    Because he's the champion of the div, meaning the best until proven other wise..

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
      ANd he won't be able to fight any of them as far as I'm aware because he's contracted with Top Rank.
      Rios, Alvarado...and..... o_0 This is ****ed up man!

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        As of right now, I'm leaning towards Peterson..But this fight is close as hell tho..
        I honestly don't know who wins the fight. I am leaning towards Lucas a little more because of the power. People here talk about Peterson outboxing Lucas, but Peterson is not that type of fighter. Peterson is a gritty, tough guy tha like to come forward. The only problem for him is that he doesn't have heavy hands, and Lucas does and that might be the difference.

Either way, I don't care, the fight on paper is entertaining as hell, and that is what is more important to me.

Comment

Bradley aint ****. He ducks Peterson, Khan and other fighters, barely fights and when he does, fights dirty, got whooped by Pacquiao and fights some **** European fighter next? Bradley is irrelevant. No one wants or cares about him. If he stopped worrying about getting that big pay check, he might actually get in the ring and show us why he is apparently so good. Id back Broner, Maidana, Matthysse, Garcia and Rios against him, let alone Floyd and Pacquaio

Comment

Good fight I got matthysse by late round stoppage. Peterson has heart but chin? He was dropped twice early vs ortiz and twice by khan. Lucas has never been dropped. And the power margin is huge in lucas favor.

Comment

Thats what he thinks from watching Peterson's fight with Holt?

Comment

Originally posted by lillu89 View Post
                Good fight I got matthysse by late round stoppage. Peterson has heart but chin? He was dropped twice early vs ortiz and twice by khan. Lucas has never been dropped. And the power margin is huge in lucas favor.
                Besides Mayweather and Lopez, who hasn't Ortiz dropped? If you watch the Khan fight closely, those punches they called knock downs didn't even land, he slipped on the first knockdown called and the second one he fell over Khan's knee. People become so obsessed with mathysee's power, but dude has only one, one punch KO and that was against a green Mike Dallas. He has good power, but it's not like he's just knocking the hell out of people. Let's not forget, Judah doesn't have the best chin and after getting knocked down he still went on to win two of the last four rounds against Mathysee. We're not talking B or C level fighters that Mathysee knocks out, we're talking A level fighters. Peterson beats him.....

Comment

Nah, Matthysse will beat Peterson, and then folks will say, "well, he won't beat Garcia."

Comment

Oh Timmy - the only way Lamont beats Lucas is the same way you "beat" Manny. A gift decision. Lamont is braver than you though and that will result in him getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                      seriously lets cut through the hype.

Matthysse, his power is the real deal period but he isn't invincible. he's got slow hands and slow feet. he's decent with the skill set he has but power is his main tool. any boxer with movement, a good jab and a solid defense will give him problems.

Garcia has fasts hand and decent power. Garcia doesn't throw a jab, all he does is hook. he's open to big shots and who knows how his chin is because he hasn't fought any big hitters. Garcia has a lot of flaws but he keeps on winning so you got to give him that but as he faces better opponents his flaws will show

Peterson is a decent fighter. he's a warrior and fun to watch. at the end of the day Peterson is a pressure fighter who tries to break you down over the distance. he's not a huge puncher and he gets dropped.

Matthysse is probably the best at 140 right now. Danny Garcia is probably 2, Khan 3.

Rios and Alvarado should be mentioned by since they aren't with GBP we'll never know.

Peterson is probably 5th or 6th best.
                      Matthysse
                      Garcia
                      Peterson
                      Khan
                      Rios
                      Alvarado

here you go!

Comment

Working...
                      X