Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather ever been knocked down in sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think there's any stories from multiple sources confirming but I'm sure he has

Comment

Why would it matter? Sparring is all controlled. If you go hard you'll get knocked down at some point. If you go light you'll probably keep vertical no matter how weak your chin is. Sparring often involves guys much bigger and smaller than yourself so it's not a true combat environment. It's just training for the sake of improvement.

Comment

Paul Spadafora had him rolling around the canvas like a fish out of water at the end of their sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
          Paul Spadafora had him rolling around the canvas like a fish out of water at the end of their sparring.

Yeah Paul gave it to him bad in there. Beat him at his own game and threw hard shots. That would have been a great fight, shame they never made it. Spadafora was an excellent boxer and a huge *******.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Yeah Paul gave it to him bad in there. Beat him at his own game and threw hard shots. That would have been a great fight, shame they never made it. Spadafora was an excellent boxer and a huge *******.
            That would have been a crap fight lol , Paul was right before a fight and Floyd just start back in training , the sht on here is like ol washer women gossiping about nothing lol .
            Last edited by Reloaded; 09-05-2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
              Supposedly Paul Spadafora done so.
              Paul kick his azz too

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                Supposedly Paul Spadafora done so.
                Spadafora didn't drop him.

But he did beat him up.

Footage is on YouTube.

Comment

I havenr heard rumours of him being dropped.

But some rumours ive heard over the years are;

Infamous story of Erik Morales landing some shots on him and Mayweather leaving the ring.

Spadafora obviously that's available to view.

Lamont Peterson breaking his rib in the Marquez camp.

Erol Spence giving him a black eye in the Guererro camp.

JLeon Love giving him problems in the Cotto Camp.

There's more I just can't remember.

And the chances are he's been dropping in sparring at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I havenr heard rumours of him being dropped.

But some rumours ive heard over the years are;

Infamous story of Erik Morales landing some shots on him and Mayweather leaving the ring.

Spadafora obviously that's available to view.

Lamont Peterson breaking his rib in the Marquez camp.

Erol Spence giving him a black eye in the Guererro camp.

JLeon Love giving him problems in the Cotto Camp.

There's more I just can't remember.

And the chances are he's been dropping in sparring at some point.
                    I'm not sure that's how the rumor wen., I do recall reading that Peterson gave him a very heated sparring session but it was supposedly some British kid who injured his ribs in some freak accident before the Marquez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                      Mayweather actually does have an official knockdown, when he broke his hand against Carlos Hernandez when his glove touched the canvas though it was because he broke his hand it was still an 'official' knockdown.

Interestingly the round after that Floyd fought as a southpaw, only time I've ever seen him do it.
                      He fought almost all the rounds after that as a southpaw, and actually he turned southpaw on numerous occasions when he was younger, he also turned southpaw against Castillo cuz of the injury he had and he didn't do so well, but I remember against Sharmba Mitchell, Mitchell was moving all the time and Floyd couldn't land the straight right as cleanly as he wanted so he turned southpaw and landed a beautiful straight left hand.

Against Judah he was throwing a straight right to the body and got off balance and Judah touched him with a check right hook and Floyd's right glove touched the canvas, but it wasn't called a knockdown

Comment

Working...
                      X