Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AlI VS LISTON, FIX OR NOT? (PHANTOM PUNCH)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smh... Sonny fought many more bigger punchers than Ali yet Ali is knocking out Sonny who does have a good chin, perhaps an underrated chin If anything.

The Ali defenders will always create lies to protect him that's the simple fact in all of this, even knowing the FBI said that the mob was affiliated with BOTH fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Smh... Sonny fought many more bigger punchers than Ali yet Ali is knocking out Sonny who does have a good chin, perhaps an underrated chin If anything.

The Ali defenders will always create lies to protect him that's the simple fact in all of this, even knowing the FBI said that the mob was affiliated with BOTH fights.
      Ali didn't knock him out, if you had paid attention to Scott's post earlier you'd realise the ending of the fight was a complete clusterf4ck.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Yeah and to someone else he said that Ali could punch.

To a third he said he never saw the shot coming and a fourth that he'd been threatened by NOF.

The first fight wasn't a fix. The second fight is strange, because most people don't remember that the fight actually went on and the two fighters fought on after Liston was knocked down.
        thats true and it doesn't look like an act to me at all,also in a slow motion replay you can see the phamtom punch ripples listons entire body right down to his boots... its the same punch Ali finished Foreman with...just something he never saw coming... when they trade after the bell Liston is fighting on pure instinct and its plain to see

Listons own jab blinds him from Alis right hand and lets not forget the FORCE Liston threw the jab with his whole body behind it and hence making Alis shot far more powerful than it would have been... one of the hardest jabbers of all time throwing his whole bodyweight into a perfectly placed punch on the jaw that he never saw coming = Bye Bye
        Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 01-03-2015, 06:44 AM.

Comment

oh yeah you're the idiot that goes about discrediting Ali's achievements..Claiming he's a 6'3 Paulie Malagnaggi but yet you would Drink Vitalis piss if given the chance for being beaten by Lennox Lewis.. and nice p4p list lol you have Khan on your list... theres so many people that could be in that spot,Carl froch of the top of my head.. you're an idiot nuttsucker
          Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 01-03-2015, 07:30 AM.

Comment

After hearing about Sonny Liston's history? And this is taking nothing away from Ali, becuase I believe Ali beats him regardless - but I do think Liston threw the fight (second fight, "phantom punch.")

Comment

Really? Can you document that?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Really? Can you document that?
                No he can't.

There was investigation but never led to anything.

Comment

The punch was a good one. In the slow-mo you could see Liston's front foot come up off the canvas and he had that chin up when he got hit.

I think he could've gotten up well in time though.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWy...yer_detailpage

Heres the whole fight go to the end to see if you think Liston was acting or not.

My personal opinion is

1) It was a solid connection no doubt Listons head was violently moved, you cant fake that.

2) I was convinced Liston was genuinely hurt and couldn't get up, acting is hard, its really hard to be convincing and for a boxer to try his hand at acting well it aint gonna be any good usually. Either Liston is an excellent actor or he got TKO'd im hedging my bets that he genuinely got TKOd
                    Last edited by AlexKid; 01-05-2015, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                      oh yeah you're the idiot that goes about discrediting Ali's achievements..Claiming he's a 6'3 Paulie Malagnaggi but yet you would Drink Vitalis piss if given the chance for being beaten by Lennox Lewis.. and nice p4p list lol you have Khan on your list... theres so many people that could be in that spot,Carl froch of the top of my head.. you're an idiot nuttsucker
                      you nailed that one....Cyclone was wont to say that a glass of Vitali piss served warm, would enable even a chubby indolent youth to more-or-less go life and death with any fighter before the advent of the evolved modern guys. This is of course Elroy's paramour speaking to us.

Comment

Working...
                      X