Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Junior Witter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he's just old. His hand was probably bothering him, but he didn't look very good for the first few rounds when he hadn't hurt it yet.

Comment

Witter will fight on. Whether he will ever admit he lost to the better man we may have to wait forever for it.

Whenever he loses he seems to make an excuse. But now he is old im feeling sorry for him. I hate it when father time catches up with you. Reminds you of you own mortality.

Comment

Altogether it was a pretty disapointing night. The Bradley Campbell match was going to be good but then that happened. It sucked.

Comment

Witter was a good fighter he had some bad luck not landing the right fights...But

He isn't as good as he thought he was, for me he was a little bit like a poor man's zab. Whenever he came up against good fighters and they took his best shots and kept coming he normally struggled to a decision or lost the fight. Against world class fighters he can be extremely dangerous for 4 rounds or so as he does possess power and speed and throws dangerous uppercuts but after that against good fighters he would get picked off and outboxed.

I always felt Billy Graham analysed a fight between witter and hatton perfectly, he called witter a "4 round fighter", I agree with this if they fought prime vs prime, witter would be dangerous for the first 4-5 rounds and he may catch ricky and even put him on queer street, but hatton would take over in the middle rounds and start wearing him down to a decision or late tko.

Comment

In his fight prior to last night he had a look in his eye like he didn't know what to do anymore. Never been a fan but wish he won last night but time for him to hang them up now.

Comment

Working...
            X