Floyds ATG Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    top ten

Look at where all the people that you would say was greater than him were at 38 years old

Sugar Ray Robinson was losing to scrubs, Ali was losing to an 8 fight novice, Leonard got schooled by Terry Norris and ko'ed by Hector Camacho who started in the 120's

Longevity and consistency have to be accounted for.....He dominated his era like very few fighters have ever and has done it over 5 weight classes and 3 separate decades

People will say he didn't have a rival, or a great 3 fight series, but who needs that when you mastered neutralizing even your most accomplished or skilled opposition

Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest fighters of all time.....in 48 fights....25 title fight wins....over 15+ titles defenses of 4 lineal and wins over 23 current or former champions

He is on the TRUE ALL-TIME GREATS
    See here is my problem. I get it, Floyd has had a great career and I would certainly put him in the mix as one of the greats. Why do you feel the need to **** on other fighters careers especially when you omit relevant information?

Yes Ali lost to Spinks when he was a completely washed up fighter but he won a rematch with Spinks, even washed up.

Yes SRR was getting clowned late in his career but you do know he was 130-1 at one point in his career with his only loss coming to Jake Lomatta, an ATG and he beat Lamotta 4 or 5 times as well. Let me know how well Floyd would be doing if he fought 134 times during his prime. Also ask yourself why SRR had to fight well past his prime.

Sugar Ray lost to Terry Norris at 154 after spending several years campaigning at 160/168 and on top of that Terrible Terry Norris was a young hungry killer at the time. Dont even bring up Camacho as that is just dumb, SRL had'nt fought in 6 years, so just stop.

Comment

Working...
    X