No announcement yet.

Berto-Ortiz is a risky fight for both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berto-Ortiz is a risky fight for both

I see this as a very risky fight for both fighters.

On one side you have Berto, who outside of Urango has really never faced a puncher. Certainly not one as skilled as Ortiz.

On the other side you have Ortiz, who is stepping up in weight and stepping up in class. Berto will be the best he has faced by far in my opinion. Does he have the stamina and will to stick with it all night?

I'm really looking forward to this one and will probably be in attendance.

I think this is a much bigger risk for Ortiz. Not so much in boxing terms but in terms of careers.

If Berto loses, he will have suffered his first loss and can bounce back from this. If Ortiz loses, his career is over.

The reason I say that is because Golden Boy I think has thrown him to the wolves. I don't understand this fight to be honest. He couldn't get a win vs Peterson, even though I thought he won that fight, but he still couldn't close the show.

Berto is bigger, faster, stronger than anyone Ortiz has ever faced. I don't understand the reasoning to this fight on the part of Ortiz' managers and handlers. His credibility has been really hurt by the way he quit vs Maidana and he needs something big like this to get him back on the map.

Comment

It's far more risky for Ortiz. If he loses, he's a gatekeeper. He admitted that himself. Further it's his first fight at 147 pounds against an undefeated guy.

For berto, he needs a NAME on his resume so he can try to get a pac/floyd fight. Ortiez is from 140 pounds, moving up in weight. It's what berto do

Comment

I am looking forward to this one.

Comment

no its not. 1 s a WW the other isn't.

last time i checked ortiz isn't prime ODLH, RJJ, Floyd, Manny, Duran, or Armstrong.

u can bookmark this **** berto wins guaranteed. don't bet fake messageboard money bet real money. easy money.

Comment

This match is a joke Berto wins and Ortiz disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
              I think this is a much bigger risk for Ortiz. Not so much in boxing terms but in terms of careers.

If Berto loses, he will have suffered his first loss and can bounce back from this. If Ortiz loses, his career is over.

The reason I say that is because Golden Boy I think has thrown him to the wolves. I don't understand this fight to be honest. He couldn't get a win vs Peterson, even though I thought he won that fight, but he still couldn't close the show.

Berto is bigger, faster, stronger than anyone Ortiz has ever faced. I don't understand the reasoning to this fight on the part of Ortiz' managers and handlers. His credibility has been really hurt by the way he quit vs Maidana and he needs something big like this to get him back on the map.

you slipping

Comment

its an intriguing fight mo. You have two big punchers with speed, and both dont have good defence. We've seen berto hurt before and his chin is weak, imo if ortiz lands flush it could be lights out. However, berto is faster, undefeated and doesnt know how to loose. Im taking berto in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by leone24 View Post
                  its an intriguing fight mo. You have two big punchers with speed, and both dont have good defence. We've seen berto hurt before and his chin is weak, imo if ortiz lands flush it could be lights out. However, berto is faster, undefeated and doesnt know how to loose. Im taking berto in this one.
                  I agree with this. I think Ortiz has a chance to KO Berto if he lands a big punch and stays agressive.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                    no its not. 1 s a WW the other isn't.

last time i checked ortiz isn't prime ODLH, RJJ, Floyd, Manny, Duran, or Armstrong.

u can bookmark this **** berto wins guaranteed. don't bet fake messageboard money bet real money. easy money.
                    Damn, you're really going out on a limb here. Picking the favorite to win over a punkass bitch like Ortiz? Wow, you really do have a lot of sack putting yourself out there like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X