Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Kelly Pavlik vs Gennady Golovkin: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pavlik by a 117-110 UD

Comment

That's a tough one, really tough.

Comment

Pavlik all day, throw a couple good fights on the undercard and you would have a good pay per view bout there..

Comment

It's got to be Pavlik right?? in 07 Pav was a this absolute peak, he was strong, had a good jab, could go the distance or knock guys the hell out, he would have been too much for GGG. Pavlik would use that jab all night and then bang away with the right hand.

It's a war though and GGG's chin is untested, I think he'd see the last bell but he'd lose.

Comment

Golovkin, by KO.

Hits harder, better defence, chin, footwork, body punching and jab.

Comment

GGG by decision.

Comment

I like Golovkin much...

But Pavlik had very long hands... And he was in a beast mode back in 2007...

For the old times sake, I'd go with Pavlik in this one...

Comment

LOL... SMH at this thread. Pavlik stands NO chance against Golovkin, he would get stopped within 7-8. Pavlik was easy to hit, specially by guys like Golovkin who have a devastating jab to close the distance and the patience to time their shots accurately. Golovkin's short hooks would be tagging Pavkil flush easily.. and at this point it is needless for me to mention Golovkin's devastating power. Pavlik would get absolutely destroyed, bloody face... the whole nine yards.

Again, he stands NO chance.

Only fighters who stand a chance of presenting a competitive fight are fighters like Ward. Fighters with movement and smarts... And still once Golovkin catches you with a shot, reality changes damn quickly.
                  Last edited by The Problem Child; 02-04-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                    LOL... SMH at this thread. Pavlik stands NO chance against Golovkin, he would get stopped within 7-8. Pavlik was easy to hit, specially by guys like Golovkin who have a devastating jab to close the distance and the patience to time their shots accurately. Golovkin's short hooks would be tagging Pavkil flush easily.. and at this point it is needless for me to mention Golovkin's devastating power. Pavlik would get absolutely destroyed, bloody face... the whole nine yards.

Again, he stands NO chance.

Only fighters who stand a chance of presenting a competitive fight are fighters like Ward. Fighters with movement and smarts... And still once Golovkin catches you with a shot, reality changes damn quickly.
                    A shot to **** Ouma had GGG struggling throughout the fight, and he presents none of the problems you talk about. Reality changes for sub standard opposition ie. the guys he's been facing for the past ten years. 2007 Pavlik is a different kettle of fish than what he's seen so far.

Pavlik, and the physical tools alone he presents with, would have a very, very good shot. 100 punches a round from a tall, powerful puncher with a good jab. GGG doesn't exactly have Floydesque defense and he would eat a lot of shots against someone who throws with his height and reach advantage in use like Pavlik did. Pavlik also had an excellent chin, and wouldn't mind getting into war at all. In fact, it's arguably better for Pavlik considering that we know he can bring it non stop for 12 hard rounds with 100 punches per.
                    Last edited by BennyST; 02-04-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Pavlik was a very big puncher and had some skills. Until GGG shows me something good vs like oposition it's Kelly Pavlik every time.

Pavlik arguably had more power in that right than any punch GGG has.

Comment

Working...
                      X