Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward: “I think Manny Pacquiao has a great legacy, but we got to be honest about

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets be honest about some of Wards fights....
    went 12 rounds with who...Edwin Rodriguez...
    Allan Green:WORD:
    Shelby Pudwill:WORD:

No fan base. Boring. Inactivity. lol sounds like someone needs some....

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      The Dawson win was not huge. Dawson was in fact drained. But that was not Ward's fault like the amnesiacs claim. Oscar/Pacman was oscar's fault.
      Ward stomps Dawson regardless of the weight, two different classes of fighter. Wasn't Ward's fault that Dawson offered 168, but do you hold it against Floyd that he took Canelo's offer of 152?

And some posters always think Oscar-Pacquiao was at a CW.

Comment

I can't believe people STILL don't know that Dawson was the one who wanted to come down to 168.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          He's really starting to piss me off. He's been my favorite fighter for a few years now, but he may not be if he ends up out of the ring for an extended period with another legal battle.
          He's frustrated because his money and popularity doesn't match his status. I can see his point. Imagine being the best at your craft and inferior/lesser focused people are being paid more and getting more recognition than you.

That's why he's chasing Chavez Jr. and looking to change promoters.

Comment

Someone should tell Ward to duplicate what Pac did is him to fight a champ or former champ at least at cruiserweight or heavyweight then comeback again and tell us how easy it is.
            Last edited by straightleft; 01-06-2014, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Lol sometimes fighters just do not think before they speak
              You say that because he speaks the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                He's frustrated because his money and popularity doesn't match his status. I can see his point. Imagine being the best at your craft and inferior/lesser focused people are being paid more and getting more recognition than you.

That's why he's chasing Chavez Jr. and looking to change promoters.
                He's wasting his prime years and not getting paid in the process though. He tried once, he's trying again, is he going to try again after that? Is he going to fight this year?

Some money and a legacy is better than no money and no legacy. I understand his frustration, but not at the cost of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  Anyone who fights Froch with one hand, is far from a coward
                  I know ggg have not fought anybody of note froch>ggg resume

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    Someone should tell Ward to duplicate what Pac did is him to fight a champ or former champ at least at cruiserweight or heavyweight then comeback again in tell us how easy it is.
                    He's 10 steps ahead of you. He wants to fight for the heavyweight title before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Pacquiao and Mayweather not fighting is going to have a bad effect on both of their legacies. They may be great, but with each other they could have been so much greater. People will always hold their non-fight against these two.
                      Not really. Simply because a segment of the boxing community is salivating over a fight like this doesn't mean Floyd or Manny for that matter must be ultimately defined by each other. I can't imagine that one fight not happening ends up being so damaging to a fighter's career that has been defined by excellence.

What, Floyd is to be denied because some loonies thought Pacquiao was the one to beat him, and since he didn't give them that satisfaction Floyd's legacy is tarnished? Please.....

Comment

Working...
                      X