No announcement yet.

Which of you animals train twice a day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
    I thought you couldn't do amateur fights past early thirties anymore. I don't remember because amateur boxing is such a **** show right now.
    just not internationally. i can get some fights locally.

Comment

Timmy, 11 days straight is way over doing it bro. This is something like i do, Train Mon & Tues, i take Wed off, Train Thurs & Fri and then I will train on either either Sat or Sun depending on how im feeling, but I only train 4 - 5 days out of every 7.

I like to run in the mornings in the summer and do weights and body weight exercise in the afternoon. In winter im not so keen on running in the morning, so i do weights and body weight exercise in the afternoon over my 1 hr lunch break and run in the evenings. i have a good 4 - 5 hours between each session and eat like a champion between sessions

To a dedicated bodybuilder, they wouldn't do the running, but im not a dedicated bodybuilder and the way i do it seems to work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        Timmy, 11 days straight is way over doing it bro. This is something like i do, Train Mon & Tues, i take Wed off, Train Thurs & Fri and then I will train on either either Sat or Sun depending on how im feeling, but I only train 4 - 5 days out of every 7.

I like to run in the mornings in the summer and do weights and body weight exercise in the afternoon. In winter im not so keen on running in the morning, so i do weights and body weight exercise in the afternoon over my 1 hr lunch break and run in the evenings. i have a good 4 - 5 hours between each session and eat like a champion between sessions

To a dedicated bodybuilder, they wouldn't do the running, but im not a dedicated bodybuilder and the way i do it seems to work for me.
        my resolution this year was to knock off the two per days but i figured since my night work is light (stationary bike and more push-ups) i figured i could get away with it.

my thing is my appetite is crap. i eat lots of fruit, canned fish, chicken and protein powder. lots of rice as well. but outside of that i rarely venture.

I gotta start at least incorporating one day off. it's crazy though, my body fat and weight is at it's lowest in 15 years and now i am addicted to training. lol

as of yesterday 199 lbs. under 200 for the first time in about 16 years. i feel and look great.

Comment

I take 2 days off a week from weight training and 1 day from dieting and cardio. I do cardio in the morning everyday and then a workout session at night on my days on.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
            do you really think I am over doing it?
            Well...how do you feel? If you feel great and you are able to make progress doing this then no. But if you feel tired and it's becoming labouring physically and mentally to go through with it and you find that you are not getting stronger for your effort...then yes. Honestly unless you are superman I would think you must be or will be soon the latter. The harder you train the more rest you need. You need to be able to go to the gym and feel fresh and ready and able to give it you all to be at your peak.

BTW...your diet sounds fine except watch the rice. I wouldn't bother with protein powder...I would sub that with eggs. Dropping weight/fat has more to do with simple carbohydrate intake than anything (rice is a simple carb)...people loose lots of weight without even exercising by eliminating the carbs alone.
            Last edited by jaded; 02-09-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              Well...how do you feel? If you feel great and you are able to make progress doing this then no. But if you feel tired and it's becoming labouring physically and mentally to go through with it and you find that you are not getting stronger for your effort...then yes. Honestly unless you are superman I would think you must be or will be soon the latter. The harder you train the more rest you need. You need to be able to go to the gym and feel fresh and ready and able to give it you all to be at your peak.

BTW...your diet sounds fine except watch the rice. I wouldn't bother with protein powder...I would sub that with eggs. Dropping weight/fat has more to do with simple carbohydrate intake than anything (rice is a simple carb)...people loose lots of weight without even exercising by eliminating the carbs alone.
              i feel great at the moment. last night i was a bit fatigued but i spent most of the day shovelling snow so my workout was basically 62 minutes of various runs and fifty push-ups. in other words - really low intensity.

with regard to the rice - i am not actually looking to lose weight so the carbs are necessary. brown rice, whole wheat pasta (though i do love white rice).

Comment

Happy late bday tim

Are you honestly wanting to fight? hope you really thought about it. I used to train twice a day before moving in with my girl now i just train around her place thrice a week if i got time since my work schedule is ****ed too.

I am planning another ring return in april and want to fight again as well, all the best and stay safe

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
                  Happy late bday tim

Are you honestly wanting to fight? hope you really thought about it. I used to train twice a day before moving in with my girl now i just train around her place thrice a week if i got time since my work schedule is ****ed too.

I am planning another ring return in april and want to fight again as well, all the best and stay safe
                  yeah, I would like to have one or two. i train so much and hard enough that i just want to test myself a bit more. if i win, i'll have one more. if i lose - that will be it.

i have been blessed with a pretty good body. not too many injuries and i still have a bit of smarts that haven't been knocked out of me. hopefully i'll survive.

thanks for the birthday wishes!!!

Comment

I was planning on doing another "smoker bout" at my gym in February but I've been swamped at work. Ideally I would go to gym 3 evenings during the week workout for 1-1.5 hours and then do my usual Sunday workout from 12:00-2 or 2:30. I'm up in my mid 30s and I find that a day's rest help me recover and recuperate nicely and my workouts are more intense the next day that I go.

My workouts are pretty cardio intense and are a mix of boxing drills and regular cardio/strength training exercises. At home I like to shadow box and focus on technique e.g. footwork, throwing my punches straight, bring hands back to face, etc. I also like to shadow box with my 16 oz sparring gloves on. It helps with my handspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      I was planning on doing another "smoker bout" at my gym in February but I've been swamped at work. Ideally I would go to gym 3 evenings during the week workout for 1-1.5 hours and then do my usual Sunday workout from 12:00-2 or 2:30. I'm up in my mid 30s and I find that a day's rest help me recover and recuperate nicely and my workouts are more intense the next day that I go.

My workouts are pretty cardio intense and are a mix of boxing drills and regular cardio/strength training exercises. At home I like to shadow box and focus on technique e.g. footwork, throwing my punches straight, bring hands back to face, etc. I also like to shadow box with my 16 oz sparring gloves on. It helps with my handspeed.
                      From what i saw on the news today...you are going to get all the exercise you need just shoveling the snow in front of you door.

Comment

Working...
                      X