Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gavin Rees: Sorry, But Broner Too Good For Ricky Burns!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
    Burns is going to shock a lot of folk on here when he soundly beats Vasquez next month. Believe it.
    Underestimating Burns and overestimating Vazquez seems to be the trend around here. They have Vazquez beating Burns as a foregone conclusion...

Burns' style and ability is going to present problems for Titere though. Vazquez has been feasting on a steady diet of slow footed fighters that were reduced to chasing him around, swinging and missing. Burns' speed, size, activity, resilience, and hometown advantage is going to force Vazquez to be more assertive than he usually is. Unless Vazquez has a level he hasn't shown, he's going to lose a decision.

Broner would have his share of trouble against either fighter, but he'd stop Burns late and decision Vazquez after he figured them out...

Comment

I want to see how Broner deals with Burns size and jab.

He's never really fought anyone that brings to the table what Burns does. It'll be interesting to see how he deals with it.

Comment

Props to Rees for being a good sport through all this. It takes a good person to admit something like that, especially about someone like Broner who makes it difficult to say anything good about in the first place. lol

Comment

IMO Burns is comparable to Khan on handspeed when doing a fast flurry.

Comment

atleast he is being honest. im gonna be honest tho i will watch rees fight again he gained me as a fan he is one tough soab

Comment

This is whats so funny about alot of posters, you are hearing this from a former world champion, who actually fought Broner and sparred with Burns, but posters whom never put on a pair of gloves or fought 1 round try to act like they know more about boxing than a former world champion whos been in with both. lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                Burns is going to shock a lot of folk on here when he soundly beats Vasquez next month. Believe it.
                and then no one will be shocked when he ducks broner after doing so

Comment

Its a massive fight in the lightweight divison especially if Ricky unifies in his next fight which I think he will. Its a tall order but I think Ricky is a top fighter and would usually be the number 1 at the weight but he is unlucky in that he shares the same era and Broner who may prove to be a special fighter for thes ages.

Theyve talked about it for years so if it doesnt happen in 2013 it will go alongside Pac - Floyd as a fight between the top 2 at the weight that never happend. Gavin Rees is not a bad fighter despite what we saw on Saturday. Weve seen he has been capable at world level beofre but he was made to look hopeless after the first couple of rounds. I do think Gavin abandoned his game plan and was standing when he should have been doing what brought him success in the 1st round which was in and out movement.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
                    This is whats so funny about alot of posters, you are hearing this from a former world champion, who actually fought Broner and sparred with Burns, but posters whom never put on a pair of gloves or fought 1 round try to act like they know more about boxing than a former world champion whos been in with both. lmao
                    not unless they sparred. i actually would watch rees burns tho

Comment

We've known he was too much for him for a while

Comment

Working...
                      X