Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more deserving of a rematch : Morales or Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's more deserving of a rematch : Morales or Khan?

Morales lost to Garcia by decision, was dropped once.

Khan lost to Garcia by 4th round knockout, was dropped three times.

Which of these two fighters is more deserving of a rematch against Garcia?
    Morales
    73.47%
    Khan
    26.53%

neither. they both lost clear decisions

Comment

That's hard for me.

I agree that Erik Morales is a fuking legend. He's given me tons of amazing fights and I'm a fan of his. I think he deserves the fight if he wants it.

Amir Khan can probably, chinny as he is, not get caught in a rematch and win a decision at worst. He gets sloppy, but I think he could win a rematch possibly.

But even though Morales deserves the fight, I think his career has ended and he's fighting on, and I don't want to see that, even if he just loses a wide decision.

So I'd rather see the Khan rematch, but I think Morales is more deserving with his first performance.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        neither. they both lost clear decisions
        I agree, but I guess I give Morales a pass- even if I don't want to see the fight- in getting a rematch if it happens. Just the regard I hold the old guy in.

Comment

Morales at least he put up a decent fight and didn't get blasted out in brutal, one-sided fashion.

Comment

This is not how boxing works. Neither Garcia or Khan is bigger then the sport. So to them you have to look at it from a business standpoint.

Kahn vs Garcia in England is the bigger match, more hype, more tickets, more money.

Just like Froch destroyed Bute, but a Bute-Froch rematch in Canada will be bigger then any other Froch fight.

Fighters can be caught cold, it happens all the time. They can do better in rematches too. Look at Wlad vs Corrie Sanders. Now obviously Wlad didn't rematch, but to say that Wlad don't deserve one just because Wlad was destroyed is stupid. Wlad deserve a rematch, just like Kahn deserve one, just like Bute deserve one. Why? They are the bigger stars.

Now in rare situations, the bigger star becomes so scared they just won't rematch. Ala, Mike Tyson. Tyson was beaten so raw by Lennox, he declined a rematch offer. It is what it is. But in most situations the bigger stars always deserve a rematch.

Who the **** is Danny Garcia?He's a nobody, Khan is still a bigger star overall

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
              This is not how boxing works. Neither Garcia or Khan is bigger then the sport. So to them you have to look at it from a business standpoint.

Kahn vs Garcia in England is the bigger match, more hype, more tickets, more money.

Just like Froch destroyed Bute, but a Bute-Froch rematch in Canada will be bigger then any other Froch fight.

Fighters can be caught cold, it happens all the time. They can do better in rematches too. Look at Wlad vs Corrie Sanders. Now obviously Wlad didn't rematch, but to say that Wlad don't deserve one just because Wlad was destroyed is stupid. Wlad deserve a rematch, just like Kahn deserve one, just like Bute deserve one. Why? They are the bigger stars.

Now in rare situations, the bigger star becomes so scared they just won't rematch. Ala, Mike Tyson. Tyson was beaten so raw by Lennox, he declined a rematch offer. It is what it is. But in most situations the bigger stars always deserve a rematch.

Who the **** is Danny Garcia?He's a nobody, Khan is still a bigger star overall
              I think in this case, Golden Boy knew that a second KO loss in a row would have destroyed Khan's career so they decided to make money with their new star Garcia while giving Khan some time to rebuild (if he can). Makes sense from the promoter's point of view.

Comment

Nothing lead me to believe Khan would do any better in a rematch. The kids a cashcow whose gullible fanbase has gone to pot. He didn't give Prescott, Maidana or anybody else a rematch so why should he get star treatment like he is some elite talent that calls the shots?

The guy is straight up garbage & will never improve because he is too pig-headed to take constructive criticism on board.

He is also noway near the draw he or people make out & you only have to look at his rather mediocre numbers to see that.
                I'd rather see a fat, out-of-shape, shot to pieces Morales than that defenseless amateur any day of the week. Morales earned his position the right way, like a warrior does. Khan is just a spoiled brat, real talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  I think in this case, Golden Boy knew that a second KO loss in a row would have destroyed Khan's career so they decided to make money with their new star Garcia while giving Khan some time to rebuild (if he can). Makes sense from the promoter's point of view.
                  THat will make more sense. Good post. I was mainly talking to people who says 'if you get destroyed, you don't get a rematch'... Well if you are a big star, you get a rematch. Boxing is a business. That's why Tyson would have gotten a rematch with Lewis, etc. Wlad with Sanders etc. Being destroyed have no effect when it comes to rematches if you are a big enough star.

Obviously you are right, Khan isn't as big a star as the likes of Tyson, so if GB decides Garcia is the future, no rematch.

Comment

The kid would benefit by moving on. One guy is at the end and the other guy offered NO competition so just move on and keep growing. Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X