No announcement yet.

Carlos Zarate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    He was in his mid 30's coming off a 7 year layoff. But that's what happens when you depend on Boxrec. Among his "garbage opposition" was Zamora, Davila, Martinez, Gomez, Pintor, Fenech, and Zaragoza.
    like i havent watched any of his fights lol! You are no Boxing historian so dont act like Boxrec is for the unworthy. Thats just fuking dumb! Maybe you do need to use Boxrec a little more to learn some things. Like the names you posted...
    Zamora...lost 4 of his last 8 fights in a 3yr peroid then quit boxing after Zarate. And Zamoras opponents up until Zarate...was SHlt!
    Davila...:WORD: look at the 4 fighters who defeated him prior to Zarate lol again....SHlt!
    Martinez Decent fighter. Late in his game and past prime though. smh...good NAME win!
    Gomez tough journeyman fighter. Not elite. Been beat up prior and Kod by shlt opposition before Zarate...again...NO!
    Pintor man stop it...lmfao He lost to Pintor. And Pintor fought a couple of bums before fighting Manuel Vasquez at then had a record of 18wins with 14 losses...with ending record @ 24 wins w/ 26 losses...who Kod Pintor, who fought and beat Zarate. Ill stop there.
    But thats what happens when you dont know WTF you are talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      like i havent watched any of his fights lol! You are no Boxing historian so dont act like Boxrec is for the unworthy. Thats just fuking dumb! Maybe you do need to use Boxrec a little more to learn some things. Like the names you posted...
      Zamora...lost 4 of his last 8 fights in a 3yr peroid then quit boxing after Zarate. And Zamoras opponents up until Zarate...was SHlt!
      Davila...:WORD: look at the 4 fighters who defeated him prior to Zarate lol again....SHlt!
      Martinez Decent fighter. Late in his game and past prime though. smh...good NAME win!
      Gomez tough journeyman fighter. Not elite. Been beat up prior and Kod by shlt opposition before Zarate...again...NO!
      Pintor man stop it...lmfao He lost to Pintor. And Pintor fought a couple of bums before fighting Manuel Vasquez at then had a record of 18wins with 14 losses...with ending record @ 24 wins w/ 26 losses...who Kod Pintor, who fought and beat Zarate. Ill stop there.
      Geez, you're more ignorant than I even imagined. Zamora was a bantamweight champion who had won every fight by KO. Davila was a world class contender. Wilfredo Gomez a journeyman? He was an undefeated champion when they fought and is now in the boxing HOF. Pintor was given a gift decision over Zarate but was still a highly regarded bantamweight champion. Martinez was the bantamweight champion when they fought and he had an outstanding record at that time. But like most boxrec dummies you just look at the end of their careers and numbers. The bottom line is that I'm a boxing fan, and you are a Pacquiao fan.

Comment

A lot of crap here, but Wilfredo Gomez being a "tough journeyman fighter. Not elite" takes the cake.

Comment

He was in his mid 30's coming off a 7 year layoff. But that's what happens when you depend on Boxrec. Among his "garbage opposition" was Zamora, Davila, Martinez, Gomez, Pintor, Fenech, and Zaragoza.
          Ouchhhhhhh.

Comment

Some of this information of incorrect and very incorrect for that matter.

Comment

He fought garbage opposition. hell in his 60th bout out his 70 he fought a dude that was 1W 11 L
              He did nothing but stay busy!
              You obviously have no shame in exposing your ignorance. The sad part is that you are actually a Mod on this site. That speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                A lot of crap here, but Wilfredo Gomez being a "tough journeyman fighter. Not elite" takes the cake.
                i wasnt referring to Wilfredo. He is an ATG in my book!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Some of this information of incorrect and very incorrect for that matter.
                  feel free to correct it. Just saying its incorrect without explanation means little!

Comment

Geez, you're more ignorant than I even imagined. Zamora was a bantamweight champion who had won every fight by KO. Davila was a world class contender. Wilfredo Gomez a journeyman? He was an undefeated champion when they fought and is now in the boxing HOF. Pintor was given a gift decision over Zarate but was still a highly regarded bantamweight champion. Martinez was the bantamweight champion when they fought and he had an outstanding record at that time. But like most boxrec dummies you just look at the end of their careers and numbers. The bottom line is that I'm a boxing fan, and you are a Pacquiao fan.
                    Still Zamora fought nobodies. Shlt fighters! Thats a fact! Who couldnt win every fight by KO doing that! Dummy!
                    Davila a world class contender. AKA World class bum!
                    As for Gomez...i was NOT talking about Wilfredo. I know he is a ATG and one of my favs in Boxings past.
                    Pintor did win a close decision and some feel it could have gone either way. Take your stupid goggles off and watch the fight. Plus Pintor goes on to be a shlt fighter regardless.
                    I said Martinez was a decent fighter. Not great. But he was a pretty good fighter.
                    Im also a JMM fan. dumbass. Being a fan of Pacquiao mean what to you? Bottom line is youre an ignorant clown that only passes opinions. Not facts

Comment

Pac-Boy heres something for you to try and understand!
                      When your a manager or matchmaker the most difficult job is to find fights for a fighter under 126 (feather) when your a fly to super fly to bantam you will run out of quality opponents very quickly, especially if you win!!
                      In Zarate' case he only hand 33 amatuer bouts so his beginning was against other beginners who he was advanced in comparison.
                      Then after he fought a string of top contenders he went back to fighting home town favorites and low second tier competition. Its what full time fighters do!
                      Carlos Zarate' is a top ten ATG at 119lbs! He could fight in any era and be competitive with all the other greats!! p4p one of the best power punchers EVER! A good technician and overall very good boxer for a power puncher!
                      As with many of the "lil guys" back then they do burn out earlier than fighters over 126 and with his 6 1/2 year lay off that unheard of in the lower weights!! A true crowd pleasure and a max effort guy who I enjoyed watching!

Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X