Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight prospects you're interested in.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavyweight prospects you're interested in.

I have a couple.

Luis Ortiz. 14-0(12KOS) Cuban prospect. This guy is one of the most skilled and talented prospects i've seen as of late. Evidently had something like a 343-24 amateur record. 6' 4" southpaw who always comes in shape. and early on in his career, in his 2nd fight he stopped journeyman charles davis in 4, in his 3rd fight dropped and dominated Kendrick Releford en route to a 8 round UD win. In his 4th fight, fought durable gatekeeper Zack Page, battered and stopped him in 8 rounds, only the 3rd person to stop Page, and the only person to stop him in 4 1/2 years. Page had fought some good fighters, and had some wins over undefeated fighters. Ortiz is very quick, has very solid power, very quick feet and is a very good counter puncher. Don't hear much about him, and hasn't had many televised fights.

Kubrat Pulev. 14-0(6KOS) solid prospect with potential, has wins over Guinn and T. walker.

Mike Perez. A more heard of and popular Cuban prospect. 17-0(12KOs) Who I feel has loads of potential, but IMO Luis Ortiz has a bit more overall ability and talent. Has wins over Tye Fields and Zack Page.

All three of these guys have a common opponent, Page. Pulev won a 6 round UD over him. Perez has 2 8 round UD wins over him, while Ortiz has a 8 round TKO win over him. Just a couple of guys who I feel have some possible promise in the future maybe. Anyone you guys are intrigued by?..

I like Edmund Gerber, Vyacheslav Glazkov, Seth Mitchell, Magomed Abdusalamov, Mike Perez, David Price, Ondrej Pala, Oleg Platov, and Michael Wallisch.

I'm not overly impressed with Kubrat Pulev, who has been gaining weight, or Deontay Wilder, who has been fighting very soft opposition.

Mariusz Wach (old for a prospect) Robert Helenius and Tyson Fury are flawed but are physically strong and so will never be an easy fight for anyone.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 12-09-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I'm slowly coming off the Pulev bandwagon sadly...

Anyway...
      Oscar Rivas-Canadian based Colombian banger, fights tomorrow night against Matthew Greer. Not great but will be fun to follow

Magomed (not going to try to spell his name)-12-0 (12) another one who is likely not going to the top but will be very fun to follow.

Matteo Modugno-Talented Italian former amateur who fights Vidoz next week, surprisingly swift for such a big guy

Edmund Gerber-extremely young but talented, not very exciting but has true KO power and is likely going to have a hugely long record before he mixes it.

Bogdan Dinu-Big, swift, talented Romanian who is crying out for more action (and sadly not getting it) ultra talented

and of course-Glazkov, the bronze medal winner is on the fast track to the top

Found this article before with a few names and some details, think most names are well know but could still be worth a read

Comment

i like seth mitchell,Very humble guy and looks exciting.Hope he does
        well tommrow.

Comment

Honestly, I haven't followed any HW prospects too much. I'll keep an eye out for those guys though.

Comment

seth mitchell

Comment

David Rodriguez

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...7041&cat=boxer

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post

Hahaha love how he's moved down over 50 places for his win over Brian roley-Poley.

Hey who knows, maybe one day he'll be as good as Malik Scott lmfao!

Comment

Amir Monsour...................

Comment

Ive had my eye on Matteo Modungo since his debut.

Vyacheslav Glazkov. I really cant wait to see him step up.

Edmund Gerber. Real KO power and he's only 23 IIRC. He needs challenges though.

Comment

Working...
                    X