Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Margarito the highest Ranked Welterweight when Manny fought him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Margarito the highest Ranked Welterweight when Manny fought him?

Was Margarito the highest Ranked junior Middleweight or Welterweight when Manny fought him???

Was he not ranked at all??? And why didn't he fight Martinez at 154 who was a top MW willing to fight him at 154?

I'm just asking because I don't remember ever checking boxing ranks during that fight.
    Last edited by BoxingFollower; 09-07-2011, 09:35 AM.

Some how some way the WBC made him the #1 ranked fighter for their belt...................but in reality he was unranked and coming off or a ko loss a suspension and a win over a journeymen in Mexico....politics man,politics

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      Some how some way the WBC made him the #1 ranked fighter for their belt...................but in reality he was unranked and coming off or a ko loss a suspension and a win over a journeymen in Mexico....politics man,politics
      OOOOOOOOO I see

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Was Margarito the highest Ranked junior Middleweight or Welterweight when Manny fought him???

Was he not ranked at all??? And why didn't he fight Martinez at 154 who was a top MW willing to fight him at 154?

I'm just asking because I don't remember ever checking boxing ranks during that fight.
        No Marga's was not ranked,he was out of boxing for trying to use hand wraps in the Mosley fight...That was a **** fight tbh,one I don't give Pac any credit for..And I gave Pac credit for all his fights,but that one left a bad taste in my mouth..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
            Lol, what is so funny?

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              No Marga's was not ranked,he was out of boxing for trying to use hand wraps in the Mosley fight...That was a **** fight tbh,one I don't give Pac any credit for..And I gave Pac credit for all his fights,but that one left a bad taste in my mouth..
              So are you telling me that Pacquiao didn't fight the best available???

Comment

Man im a Margarito fan and a Pacquaio fan but hislast 2 against Margarito and Mosley were bull**** fights he hasnt fought anyone dangerous since Clottey

Comment

Obviously he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                    Man im a Margarito fan and a Pacquaio fan but hislast 2 against Margarito and Mosley were bull**** fights he hasnt fought anyone dangerous since Clottey
                    If I'm not mistaken wasn't Paul Williams ranked as the 3rd WW behind Floyd Mayweather and Yuri Foreman was ranked next, and Clottey was the 5th Ranked Welterweight I believe.

Comment

Working...
                    X