No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe puts on a masterclass against Roy Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
    Roy is only 3 years older than Joe, so I dont know why detractors always try to discredit this win.

Calzaghe wouldve beaten any version of Jones Post-2000.
    Vargas was shot at 31... and Hopkins was still beating ass at 43... Age has ****all to do with someones prime.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
      Roy is only 3 years older than Joe, so I dont know why detractors always try to discredit this win.

Calzaghe wouldve beaten any version of Jones Post-2000.
      Boxers age and prime differently. Anyone with half a brain cell knows this.

Even Calzaghe doesn't put much tax into that win. He saw it as a big payday and that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post

Even Calzaghe doesn't put much tax into that win. He saw it as a big payday and that was it.
        Hell two years earlier he was telling everyone Roy should retire he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post

From what I read Zag didn't get much of a payday.

Comment

It was a past it roy jones,get over it

Comment

He obviously couldn't pull the trigger. Calzaghe was sticking his chin out to him. Is that something you think that a 100% - hell, even a 50% - Roy Jones would stand for? He looked pathetic, he never should have been in the ring. The win over Hopkins - fine. The win over Roy Jones, absolute **** as far as I'm concerned. It does absolutely nothing for his legacy.

Comment

Calzaghe always would have owned Roy, simply because he had the speed to match him. If you can hit Roy, and take his shots, you can beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
                  Calzaghe always would have owned Roy, simply because he had the speed to match him. If you can hit Roy, and take his shots, you can beat him.
                  1. Calzaghe was fast, but not Roy fast
                  2. When did anybody show that when Roy was at his best? You're just assuming that a blueprint for past-it Roy is the same as for a prime, effectively undefeated Roy?

Comment

reminds me of Camacho vs Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post

The speed to match him...

Comment

Working...
                      X