Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Still Very Much Interested in Chavez PPV Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I somewhat agree with the philosophy of waiting till the fight gets big enough to make alot of money, as it stands now ward has been very inactive and ggg hasn't had any real big fights. If they wait until after ggg beats a couple big names and ward beats a couple guys it could build excitement. The biggest name for ggg right now is probably cotto and Chavez Jr. Those are good pay per view fights and then once hes an established ppv star he could fight guys like ward and they would be big money fights. Right now ward is high risk low reward especially when he's on the cusp of being a ppv star. If he waited till hes an established ppv star it would be high risk high reward. I don't see him ducking anyone once hes established on ppv

Comment

Too bad chavez is scared of him.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        So then boxing is about money now??
        I dont give a crap, the guy just tried to act like this wasn't a ppv fight when it clearly is

Comment

What has Chavez done recently to make this a PPV fight? Who has GGG beat to get on this stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
            What has Chavez done recently to make this a PPV fight? Who has GGG beat to get on this stage?
            it doesn't fn matter, its a ppv fight because both are a draw, simple as that

Comment

Willing to fight chavez jr for money, but wont fight ward for the lineal title.

Comment

what about Froch?

So if Chavez jr-Golovkin would be PPV, what about that possible Froch-Chavez fight?

For those who missed it, Chavez jr had the highest rated fight on HBO this year, which I take it holds some weight

As for Ward, if GGG can make more money, with other opponents why fight Andre Ward when he doesn't have to?

All the people need to stop playing stupid regarding "ducking" or the sport being "about the money only"

Golovkin is 32 years old, the clock is ticking, of course he'll want more favorable match ups which include Chavez Jr over Ward.

Comment

This thread is hilarious. Guys are down with the cherry picking as long as its from their favorite fighter.

Comment

LMAO, Chavez probably weighs about 225 right now. Come on, this is a joke of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
                      I dont give a crap, the guy just tried to act like this wasn't a ppv fight when it clearly is
                      i know

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                      exactly
                      Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
                      it doesn't fn matter, its a ppv fight because both are a draw, simple as that
                      so cherry picking is cool?? why cant he fight Ward at 168?? why is it to soon?
                      Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      Willing to fight chavez jr for money, but wont fight ward for the lineal title.
                      BINGO!!!
                      Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                      This thread is hilarious. Guys are down with the cherry picking as long as its from their favorite fighter.
                      yep...all i say is call a spade a spade

Comment

Working...
                      X