No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Discusses His Golden Boy Meeting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Discusses His Golden Boy Meeting

WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez has met with Golden Boy Promotions, who are working hard to prevent the Mexican champion from leaving their company in pursuit of a third meeting with Manny Pacquiao. The pound-for-pound Filipino is promoted by Golden Boy's rival Top Rank. Marquez says Golden Boy made a very attractive financial offer to keep him with the company. He met with company president Oscar De La Hoya and CEO Richard Schaefer. The deal is said to be a lucractive four fight package.

[Click Here To Read More]

Always read the fine print!!!!

Comment

"A lot has been said that if I sign with Golden Boy, the third fight with Manny Pacquiao will not happen. But I do not know if that's something that the people still want to see. Right now I'm in no hurry."
      Looks like Oscar doesn't want him to run away for a fight with Manny. They didn't even put that offer on the table.

Comment

Good for you..Juan. You deserve better. Let them scums GBP and TR fight for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
          Looks like Oscar doesn't want him to run away for a fight with Manny. They didn't even put that offer on the table.
          Why keep chasing Pacquiao and play his B side, when you can enhance your own legacy by defending your titles against the best in your division and be the A side attraction. That's what true champions due, and Marquez already proved he can more than hang with the "pnd4pnd" best, so no offer regarding that issue was probaly needed. Like Randy Moss would say, Marquez just wants to see "straight cash homie."

Comment

People want to see a 3rd pac vs JMM......

But JMM should not over-price himself......go up to Welterweight and fight Pac....

Comment

Originally posted by DocG View Post
              People want to see a 3rd pac vs JMM......

But JMM should not over-price himself......go up to Welterweight and fight Pac....
              I honestly don't think we see JMM vs Pac unless the Floyd fight doesn't fall through. Both fighters are nearing the end of their careers, especially JMM.

He wants Pac and thinks he can beat him but I don't think he can at this stage of his career and at the weight Pac would want to fight him.

JMM should just finish out his career with Guerrero and maybe some other names out there and retire the legend he is.

We know he went 1-1 with Pac, we don't need the official results.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWestGrand View Post
                Why keep chasing Pacquiao and play his B side, when you can enhance your own legacy by defending your titles against the best in your division and be the A side attraction. That's what true champions due, and Marquez already proved he can more than hang with the "pnd4pnd" best, so no offer regarding that issue was probaly needed. Like Randy Moss would say, Marquez just wants to see "straight cash homie."
                I'm not saying it's a bad decision, I'm just laughing because Oscar was so adamant about making that fight happen over Pac-Mosley four months ago. NOW he's probably telling him it's a useless fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                  I honestly don't think we see JMM vs Pac unless the Floyd fight doesn't fall through. Both fighters are nearing the end of their careers, especially JMM.

He wants Pac and thinks he can beat him but I don't think he can at this stage of his career and at the weight Pac would want to fight him.

JMM should just finish out his career with Guerrero and maybe some other names out there and retire the legend he is.

We know he went 1-1 with Pac, we don't need the official results.
                  This, all true fans know JMM won at least one of those fights.

Comment

Marquez already got whooped twice against a green Pacquiao. Its obvious that Pacquiao is all he thinks about. When hes at home drinking piss and getting bj's from other dudes hes thinking about Pacquiao.

Hey Marquez guess what, no one wants to see your piss drinking ass get owned again especially since you aint a draw and don't have a title.

Comment

Working...
                    X