Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would beating Cotto for the 160 title add to moneys legacy and atg ranking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
    Cotto is a blown up welterweight.
    Cotto is a very solid 154, you can clearly see that from the Martinez weigh in.

Comment

Floyd already beat Cotto. Sure, it makes bussiness sense but it doesn't add to his legacy. Fun fight but no rematch needed.

If Floyd fights and beats Gennady, who is the man to beat at MW right now then yes, THAT will add to Floyds legacy and will be one of his best wins in years.

Comment

Cotto's best weight

Comment

Floyd fanatics use to hate catchweights. If this fight gets made, Floyd fans would no longer hate rematches and paper belts all on the same night

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            I know a lot of people are clamoring for a pac-man fight. I think it will happen but its not the only fight that matters. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

I think breaking the lineal title record with 5 and beating a future hall of famer should add to his legacy and career regardless of how much I want to see the Pacquaio fight.

The first Cotto fight was exciting but it wasn't close enough to warrant a rematch but business-wise its not a bad fight.

what do you guys think?
            Yea if he came in close to 160. 154.5 catch weight? Ha no

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Cotto is a very solid 154, you can clearly see that from the Martinez weigh in.
              What has cotto done at 154?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                Until Golovkin actually beats the man who beats the man, he is nothing more than a contender with a trinket. just how pacquaio is at 147....just like Peterson and Algieri at 140.

championships are won in the ring not in message boards

We all may think Golovkin is a better middleweight than Cotto but the fact is GGG never was and isn't the champion.

I don't know who is ducking who, you don't either, honestly I don't care whose fault it is, I just wanna see Mayweather vs Pacquaio one day, but until then we have to be realistic that if they don't finish negotiating soon both parties will go in another direction.
                See this guy is already trying to justify this sham, more will join in once he tests the waters.

Cotto best MW in the world, doesn't need to fight at MW to prove it, say what you want but Floyd making history, etc

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  What has cotto done at 154?
                  What's that have to do with his natural size?

Comment

If Floyd were to fight and beat Cotto at MW next, his resume would look like this:

11-time champion in 6 different weight classes
                    6-time lineal champion in 5 different weight classes
                    25-0 in world title fights
                    23-0 vs. current/former champs

ATG.

Comment

I think it will HURT his legacy.

If he beats Cotto (easy for Floyd), he'll be a MW champion. But he won't fight Golovkin, who's a real middleweight. Which means he will have ducked (at least in perception) not just one, but two of the other strongest fighters active in his weight classes.

Comment

Working...
                      X