No announcement yet.

Donaire hits Golden Boy for ruse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twako View Post
    are you my fan or am i on your alert list somehow? coz every time i post you suddenly pop out of nowhere.

did i mean donaire-mares? read again and try to comprehend a little bit more before you post.
    i know you meant rigo/nonito thats why I asked. why wouldn't you blame nonito without facts? he's the bigger fighter and could easily make the concessions necessary to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      i know you meant rigo/nonito thats why I asked. why wouldn't you blame nonito without facts? he's the bigger fighter and could easily make the concessions necessary to fight.
      all the facts are out there. what rigo and TR said to the media matched up exactly. and i dont know if you missed it or didn't bother reading it but it's not about purse split or concessions. in fact it has nothing to do with donaire. why would rigo let this sh|t messed up his biggest money fight when he didn't care about it in his last one?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        Oh besides the fact that they don't do business together.?.?.? Cant really think of any other reason
        Frank Espinoza said he was talking with Top Rank and they had thrown some very low numbers at Mares.

That's when GBP came back with the $3 million offer.

So it's not so much that Arum won't do business with Golden Boy. It's that he won't do reasonable/fair business with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
          all the facts are out there. what rigo and TR said to the media matched up exactly. and i dont know if you missed it or didn't bother reading it but it's not about purse split or concessions. in fact it has nothing to do with donaire. why would rigo let this sh|t messed up his biggest money fight when he didn't care about it in his last one?
          exactly. why would rigo do that? so doesn't it seem like there is something else up?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            exactly. why would rigo do that? so doesn't it seem like there is something else up?
            you tell me. rigo has been interviewed and what he said was exactly the same as arum's. and nothing to do with donaire so what concession from donaire are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Can anyone who thinks the offer was legit address the points this dude makes about the contract in the Steve Kim article?
              its Steve Kim... he basically works for top rank, why anyone actually reads the crap he writes is a mystery to me....

Comment

Originally posted by Zyzz View Post
                its Steve Kim... he basically works for top rank, why anyone actually reads the crap he writes is a mystery to me....
                Yup. Steve kim is the biggest TopRanktard ever. Pay no attention to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyzz View Post
                  Yeah but his article offers substantive points. Those trying to dismiss him do not. If the problems with the contract pointed out in the article are bogus, then I'm fully open to the explanations as to why that's the case.

But it increasingly seems to me that people just want to whine about Top Rank, and actually have no arguments to offer in defence of what seems to have been a meaningless PR stunt by Golden Boy.

If that wasn't the case then it shouldn't be much trouble to them to refute the points made in the article.

Comment

Yeah but his article offers substantive points. Those trying to dismiss him do not. If the problems with the contract pointed out in the article are bogus, then I'm fully open to the explanations as to why that's the case.

But it increasingly seems to me that people just want to whine about Top Rank, and actually have no arguments to offer in defence of what seems to have been a meaningless PR stunt by Golden Boy.

If that wasn't the case then it shouldn't be much trouble to them to refute the points made in the article.

you really think that this whole is a ploy to make a bogus fight date only to leave donaire out in the cold.... the contract is legit dude, everything is right there and besides, donaire said nobody showed him anything about a contract and looked like a ****** on twitter

and its from steve kim, i've follow him before on twitter, its nothing but golden boy/ Al Haymon bashing but top rank and bob Arum are gods to him, he's admitted himself to being bias towards top rank anyways so there's no debate....

if "Haymon fighters" were under bob arum, he wouldnt have a problem... if Top Rank had Showtime on lock, he wouldnt have a problem... but because its Golden Boy, than its nothing but negative articles about them

Comment

piss off back to ESB Hermit...you're on the damn Top Rank payroll..
                      Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X