No announcement yet.

Manny's Footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny's Footwork

Some of the best Ive seen in boxing today, the way he slides across the ring, was brilliant in the De La Hoya fight, footspeed and footwork in general will make Pac hard to find against Cotto.
    Last edited by Bhopreign; 10-27-2009, 01:08 AM.

I would attribute most of his success to his foot speed, and most of his recent success to his footwork. It's only recently that he's had such good footwork, but it's damn impressive.

Comment

his footwork is one of his liabilities, dude...manny is a hand-speed and grit boxer...he fights off balance a lot, and takes a lot of punches due to his poor footwork...

he has fast feet, i guess...but his "footwork" has always been suspect...seems to be improving, but still suspect...

what exactly makes you think he has world class footwork? no disrespect...just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by #4#king View Post
        his footwork is one of his liabilities, dude...manny is a hand-speed and grit boxer...he fights off balance a lot, and takes a lot of punches due to his poor footwork...

he has fast feet, i guess...but his "footwork" has always been suspect...seems to be improving, but still suspect...

what exactly makes you think he has world class footwork? no disrespect...just curious...
        Good point, in my opinion his foot work helps him more in his offensive game, he gets in too quick, and most of the times he gets away with it, the only one to give him hell was Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by #4#king View Post

Pac was barely touched in his last 3 fights. And that was because of his footwork!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            I would attribute most of his success to his foot speed, and most of his recent success to his footwork. It's only recently that he's had such good footwork, but it's damn impressive.
            he's worked on it.

he use to be off balance everytime he throws a combo.

that's how marquez countered him so much in the 1st fight and how morales beat him in their 1st fight.

the 2nd marquez fight , juanma did great countering pacquiao again but the 2nd time around wasn't due to manny's footwork.

Comment

One of the most underrated parts to his offense.

Besides the speed at which he does it, his footwork is what makes him so hard to time. And he's more coordinated now, but still unpredictable which makes him that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                he's worked on it.

he use to be off balance everytime he throws a combo.

that's how marquez countered him so much in the 1st fight and how morales beat him in their 1st fight.

the 2nd marquez fight , juanma did great countering pacquiao again but the 2nd time around wasn't due to manny's footwork.
                I would say, the most drastic improvement in terms of footwork was in the DLH fight. For the Marquez fights I figured his game plan was just to pressure, but I think now he's matured into a more complete fighter.

I think it's his huge calves that allow him to change angles so quick and abrupt, his opponent has no time to react.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                  Pac was barely touched in his last 3 fights. And that was because of his footwork!!
                  haha...that was because of his volume punching and his hand speed...not to mention the fact that he outclassed two of those boxers, and fought a dehydrated and shot de la hoya...

im not disrespecting pac...hes my favorite boxer right now...but watch some of his fights against morales and marquez...dude's footwork got him into trouble...

i loved him after the first morales fight purely for his hand speed and grit...i never in my wildest dreams thought hed be a world class boxer because of his shoddy footwork...

his footwork has improved since then, but its still not great...hes still a hand-speed/volume puncher fighter...

Comment

I can't believe Reign made a Pac thread wit no mention of Torrecampo.

Comment

Working...
                    X