Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone go see "The Fighter" tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone go see "The Fighter" tonight?

I went. I thought it was a very good movie. If you were expecting a movie based on Ward's career and trilogy with Gatti, you may be dissappointed. This movie is almost more about Dicky Eklund and his relationship with Ward.

I found it very interesting and one of the best boxing movies ever.

It was good, I liked it very much. I was impressed with Mark Wahlberg, and Christian Bale, I thought they had brilliant performances.

This is the first real boxing movie I've ever seen, and I was impressed.

Comment

likely going tomorrow. Looks very good.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLT] Kirby View Post
        It was good, I liked it very much. I was impressed with Mark Wahlberg, and Christian Bale, I thought they had brilliant performances.

This is the first real boxing movie I've ever seen, and I was impressed.
        Christian Bale may win an award for that performance.

Comment

Excellent movie and as mentioned above Christian Bale gave a lights out performance. He was really incredible.

Anybody on this forum will really like it.

Comment

Come on if Paul Williams can make 147 surely Mark Wahlberg could made it to 140. Those dudes he was boxing looked like body builders.

Comment

There was one inconsistency that I noticed. Leading up to Ward's fight with late sub, Mike Mungin, the movie made it seem Ward had been losing and was a stepping stone. In reality, Ward won 4 in a row before Mungin, and only had one loss.

Also, Mungin was said to have been basically a middleweight and outweighed Ward by 18 pounds. But when I check boxrec, he never fought above welterweight and apparently only outweighed Ward by 9 pounds at the scales. It is possible that Mungin rehydrated to 160 or so, which in essence could be an 18 pound difference on fight night.

Comment

Okay, for those who have already seen it. Did you like it better than Rocky 1 or even Million Dollar Baby ?

Comment

The Fighter

I didn't like it. It was mostly about his brother Dicky. I feel that Micky Ward is a more outspoken person with more character than what Mark Wahlberg portrayed. Micky talks faster and is more expressive when he talks and moves around more relaxed. I wished they would have shown a little on the Gatti vs Ward trilogy. Maybe they can make a movie on Arturo "Thunder" Gatti and call it "Thunder." And maybe the real Mickey Ward can star in it.

Comment

You saw this over TRON Legacy? Complete Amateur

Comment

Working...
                    X