No announcement yet.

I think Gamboa would beat JuanMa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Gamboa would beat JuanMa

Based on what I saw last night I would have to pick Gamboa.

JuanMa was impressive in beating a world champion who had only 1 loss and had never been stopped before but he did eat some shots too.

JuanMa was very fortunate that Luevano is not a big hitter as he was being countered until JuanMa picked up the pace.

Whats going to happen when JuanMa is being countered by a faster fighter than he with just as much power as he has?

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    Based on what I saw last night I would have to pick Gamboa.

JuanMa was impressive in beating a world champion who had only 1 loss and had never been stopped before but he did eat some shots too.

JuanMa was very fortunate that Luevano is not a big hitter as he was being countered until JuanMa picked up the pace.

Whats going to happen when JuanMa is being countered by a faster fighter than he with just as much power as he has?
    Gamboa has been countered before, but he sure is tightening his game up. I don't see Juanma improving much, but Gamboa looks like he's not even close to his ceiling.

Sooo, my opinion is that right now, I consider it pickum, in one or two more fights I think its all gamboa

Comment

No doubt.

Tough fight but Yuri takes him on points. Might be a KD or 2 along the way in that fight.

Comment

Gamboa is know to be chinny and he hasn't fought no one with Lopez power I wonder what will happen once Juanma taps that jaw?!?!?

Comment

I also like how gamboa admitted he's been working on his defficiences (sp).

Gamboa has been down, but I don't think he's been hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            I also like how gamboa admitted he's been working on his defficiences (sp).

Gamboa has been down, but I don't think he's been hurt.
            I question his chin too still, I mean JuanMa does have power and I believe he could put Gamboa down for sure, but JuanMa is going to be at a serious speed disadvantage.

Comment

Gamboa has freakishly fast hands, but sub par defence, which could cost him everything against a fighter like Juanma who has enough power to keep things interesting.

Juanma tends to slow down sometimes. He gets lazy and takes rounds off (e.g. Penalosa fight).This could cost him against Gamboa who throws lightning hammers and works at a fast pace.

Will be a great fight that I believe will NOT go the distance. Someone's eating canvas for the 10 count.

Comment

Working...
              X