Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, was Cotto washed up all year or only after Trout beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto never proved that he can hang at 154. His first real test was Trout and he failed.

Comment

Cotto's been washed up and he's bloated at 154.

Comment

Cotto is Cotto. He's a good decent fighter, but he's never been a really tough guy, never been the biggest puncher, and never had the greatest defense. He is though an all around very good fighter, just not the best, that's all. I don't think he's washed up.

Comment

Not washed up by any means. He wasn't the same after Margarito but I believe that was all in his head. After he beat Margarito and conquered his demons I feel he is back to his best and his new trainer has been great for him. His problem now is that he's a tiny jmw but he has been there long enough to where he will struggle to make 147....he's kinda in a no mans land. Too small to compete against legit jmw but big enough to be drained at 147.

Comment

He's been washed up for years, but people pretended otherwise just because he fought Mayweather. Then he was washed up again after Trout beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Obviously he hasn't been the same since the Margs fight. Washed up? No. Not what he once was? Yes. I'm actually surprised so many people on this board picked against Trout in that fight. Tells me one of two things, One they've never seen Trout fight, Two they picked Cotto moreso on the fact that they like him, not on what he is still capable of in the ring.

i picked trout to win the balance of the rounds, but to lose a decision.

it was a horrible move for cotto's team. a big and undefeated southpaw for short money?

i think they were expecting a fight that went to the cards to go cotto's way.

i agree. cotto has very clearly been on the downside since his fight with margarito. was he totally washed up? nope. i don't think he's physically spent at this point, either. mentally, though, he's checked out of boxing, and i don't think that was the case until he fought trout.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                Cotto is Cotto. He's a good decent fighter, but he's never been a really tough guy, never been the biggest puncher, and never had the greatest defense. He is though an all around very good fighter, just not the best, that's all. I don't think he's washed up.

at 140 he was a huge puncher. and at 147 he could bang as well.

and there's really no comparing the man's prime to his fights now. he might have learned a few more tricks, but he's not the force he use to be. he's very passive now, and he can be made to cower and get on his bike, where he's useless.

Comment

been sayin hes shot since forman fight

i didnt give him much credit for marg 2 win pacquiao really messed up marg
                  marg shouldnt have even been allowed to fight
                  he had a tough fight with floyd bc floyd too is showing wear

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                    Pretty much, If Cotto wasn't with Arum most of his life he would have had so many loses, Fact was he was very well guarded with top rank until he fought Margarito, Even Arum didn't think Margarito was going to beat Cotto because if he knew he would have never made that fight, He would have let it marinate till that sheet gets burnt.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      He's been washed up for years, but people pretended otherwise just because he fought Mayweather. Then he was washed up again after Trout beat him.
                      I'm not saying that I agree, but the simple honesty found within this post seems to be the resounding thoughts throughout this website. And if it is, it wasn't fair to Cotto & isn't fair to Trout now.

Comment

Working...
                      X