Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans spent more on legal pot last year than on Cheetos, Doritos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Americans spent more on legal pot last year than on Cheetos, Doritos

http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...m_content=link

Ima start growing my own, I have like 4 600w hps at my storage time to break them back out and put them to work!

marijuana will be one of the fastest growing industries in the country in 2025. people are going to make a lot of money, but it won't be the farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      marijuana will be one of the fastest growing industries in the country in 2025. people are going to make a lot of money, but it won't be the farmers.
      yeah I agree I read that canada made it illegal for individuals to grow it and only super farms with secruity etc will be approved and some dude got approved and make like 400 million a year or soemthing like that. yeah they ant gonna let no small folks jump in the game and get this slice.
      Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 02-03-2016, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
        yeah I agree I read that canada made it illegal for individuals to grow it and only super farms with secruity etc and some dude make like 400 million a year or soemthing like that. yeah they ant gonna let no small folks jump in the game and get this slice.

its cultivation and sale will be regulated commercially, but the feds / local jakes will never break your door down to stop you from growing a plant or two and getting high.

if you're looking ot make money from selling marijuana illegally, now is the time . you've got a few years left, depending on yhe state you live in.

Comment

The marijuana industry has piqued my interest in the last several years. There's incredible opportunity in the cultivation and distribution of cannabis products and also the secondary industries that support them. There's a saying that during a gold rush businesses get rich selling 'picks and shovels' and that's exactly the case with this "green rush." For example, armored trucks and security businesses are making a bundle because these dispensaries mostly deal in cash, because the federal illegal nation of pot. Also, I saw a story where this manufacturer had a huge increase in sales of his plant oil extractors. At first, the owner thought that people were using his extractors for lavender but eventually realized his customers were using it to make hash and other marijuana products.

There's a huge amount of growth potential but also the risks are very high as well. Going back to my example of armored trucks/security; if the dispensaries are able to start accepting debit and credit cards and other electronci payments and have access to banks/financial institutions there goes the business for armored trucks.

Comment

If this continues it'll end America and possibly the entire world.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
              If this continues it'll end America and possibly the entire world.
              You think Tom Brady gets high?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                You think Tom Brady gets high?
                No. Tom Brady is a champion. Champions don't take weed.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
                  yeah I agree I read that canada made it illegal for individuals to grow it and only super farms with secruity etc will be approved and some dude got approved and make like 400 million a year or soemthing like that. yeah they ant gonna let no small folks jump in the game and get this slice.
                  I'm not sure I agree with this statement. Look it the 'micro' and 'craft beer' breweries in the U.S. and the growth that have experienced in the last 25 years. In the 80s and 90s the macro breweries controlled virtually the whole market for beer. If you look at the market share now as it related to beer sales, I've seen numbers that show the craft beer segment as much as 11%.

I think the same can be applied to the cannabis industry. You gonna have some carve out segments of 'artisan' or 'craft' weed where these small growers are cultivating different and new strains. It's like heirloom tomatoes or apples. Also, the notion of grower mom and pop growers conforms to the stoner ethos. The hardcore stoners that you encounter at these pot rallies are anti-government and anti-corporation types. IMO these types of folks would much rather purchase their legal weed from an 'artisan grower' rather than super dispensary.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    I'm not sure I agree with this statement. Look it the 'micro' and 'craft beer' breweries in the U.S. and the growth that have experienced in the last 25 years. In the 80s and 90s the macro breweries controlled virtually the whole market for beer. If you look at the market share now as it related to beer sales, I've seen numbers that show the craft beer segment as much as 11%.

I think the same can be applied to the cannabis industry. You gonna have some carve out segments of 'artisan' or 'craft' weed where these small growers are cultivating different and new strains. It's like heirloom tomatoes or apples. Also, the notion of grower mom and pop growers conforms to the stoner ethos. The hardcore stoners that you encounter at these pot rallies are anti-government and anti-corporation types. IMO these types of folks would much rather purchase their legal weed from an 'artisan grower' rather than super dispensary.
                    You right you made a great comparison that made me think different with micro breweries. The only thing I think is the legalty of things, right now you cant sell from person to person you can only sell to dispensaries. So down the future it probably will be more lax (I almost can guarantee its gonna be legal for recreational use everywhere eventually) once it becomes legal thats where I think the real Marijuana boom will start. Majority of places its only for medical use.

Comment

Working...
                    X