My top ten best since 2000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Floyd has never been knocked down or out
    And has schooled prime corrales, hatton, jmm, canelo, and has won or defended belts at 130, 135, 140, 147, 154

He has beaten the absolute best at 130, the best guy at 135, 140 was kinda weak, dominated 147, and has beaten the best 3 guys at the time at 154, and has only had one tough fight vs Castillo... What he has done is amazing
    You don't need to tell me, SAA. I've been closely following Floyd's progress for many many years.

Comment

Nice list man but are we only doing resumes from 2000 and on?

Comment

What about Ponsaklek Wongjongkam he went something like 50-1 defended his title 20 times?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
          Disagree with Ward or Froch even being on there. Guys like Cotto and Shane and others I can't think of off the top of My head have done more for longer.

Edit: Just saw Calzhage. Not a chance. Few good wins.Not enough to warrant top ten.
          Shane has no where near the wins that ward or froch have in the 2000s,, he beat oscar in 2000 and margs in 2009,,, got owned by Forrest twice, winky twice and lost to cotto, Floyd, manny, canelo.. Both froch and ward have a lot more top level wins

Calzaghe would beat everyone not named manny, Floyd, prime Hopkins or jones

He would shred winky or wlad or Shane IMO those guys wouldn't be able to deal with the volume of awkward punches

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
            Nice list man but are we only doing resumes from 2000 and on?
            Yeah since 2000s... Guys like oscar, Roy, Lennox weren't around long enough and did their best work in the 90s

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
              What about Ponsaklek Wongjongkam he went something like 50-1 defended his title 20 times?
              Good mention, he deserves a shout out but he was never in the mega fights, much like Ivan Calderon... Great fighters but you gotta be a superstar and feel the spotlight to be considered... Those guys never had the bright lights on them like a zarate, tapia, carbajal did... That's why I left them off.. But they do deserve an honorable mention

Comment

1. Manny Pacquiao
                2. Floyd Mayweather
                3. Bernard Hopkins
                4. Joe Calzaghe
                5. Juan Manuel Marquez
                6. Erik Morales
                7. Lennox Lewis
                8. Marco Antonio Barrera
                9. Miguel Cotto
                10. Carl Froch

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  The quality of Bernard's wins and Manny's wins versus Floyd's wins are too much for me to ignore. Both are ahead of him since 2000 and on my ATG list. Dude being undefeated means absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned. Sorry.
                  Absolutely right. I'm with you on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                    1. Manny Pacquiao
                    2. Floyd Mayweather
                    3. Bernard Hopkins
                    4. Joe Calzaghe
                    5. Juan Manuel Marquez
                    6. Erik Morales
                    7. Lennox Lewis
                    8. Marco Antonio Barrera
                    9. Miguel Cotto
                    10. Carl Froch
                    Good list but winky has to be on there,, his wins over Shane twice, and Tito, plus getting robbed with a draw vs Taylor, is better than cotto's win over Shane...

Comment

Originally posted by low_Bo View Post
                      Absolutely right. I'm with you on that.
                      Hopkins and manny have both been dropped and manny iced, plus losing to guys like Taylor and morales,,,, Floyd would box circles around Taylor and morales,,,

Comment

Working...
                      X