• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye vs Kubrat Pulev: Predictions and breakdown

If they fight, who wins.

People picking PULEV, I want to hear HOW he wins, not just "pulev ko's him"

Personally I pick Haye.

I like Pulev a lot, but the style matchup here is an awful one for him.

Since Pulev lacks an inside game or the ability to pressure behind a high guard, this fight will be fought on the outside.

Haye has faster hands, more power and better movement and head movement.

He's basically got it covered, Pulev does not have the best defence and is open to the overhand right which is Hayes KO punch.

Based on the Styles, Chisora and even Johnny Ruiz were more difficult for Haye.

I have Haye stopping him in 8.

I also have "pulev was a hype job" as the excuse afterwards.

My Prediction:

Comment

If Pulev and Haye fight then I will be really chuffed because thats a quality fight. I'm pretty much expecting Haye to line up some donkey like Charr that Vitali fought as an opponent...the same Charr the Klitschko fans made excuses for Vitali fighting is the one I dont want to see

If Haye fights and beats Pulev, then it's full credit, he's relevant again and back with a bang

Comment

I'd have Haye as a slight favourite but can see Pulev winning.

The way he wins is by making Haye work. Chisora tried a similar strategy but was too heavy and was slapping with his shots. Nothing was sharp.

A young unbeaten fighter like Pulev represents a stiffer challenge to Haye who was short on ideas vs Wvlad and was eventually worn down by Thompson. Aslong as Pulev keeps his hands up nice and tight and keeps a tempo where Haye is constantly reacting then I give Pulev a good chance. Haye likes room to work and does so at his own pace so Pulev would be playing into his hands if he stood infront of him like Ruiz

For Haye to win its all about speed, striking fast and getting out again, making Pulev follow him & being a moving target. Punch selection is key or it could be a hard night if he begins to gas and Pulev walks through his shots. If Haye cant dictate and gets drawn into a physical fight youd lean towards the bigger man.

Make it happen.

Comment

Pulev is asking to get nailed by the 'Hayemaker' I think a lot could depend on just how tough Pulev is.

If Pulev is too win I pretty much expect it to be late and basically from Haye punching himself out. Similar to the Thompson fight.

He has good tools; Good footwork, hes not slow, a very good jab, decent power I just think hes outgunned here & he certainly hasn't fought anybody who is fast or has good movement.

I see it going one of two ways; Haye early/mid stoppage or Pulev with a come from behind win.
          Haye punches himself out/fades & Pulev wears him down.

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
            The way he wins is by making Haye work. Chisora tried a similar strategy but was too heavy and was slapping with his shots. Nothing was sharp.
            Problem is that's not his game.

Pulev is 32 years old, he's not magically going to become a pressure fighter in 1 training camp, it's not his style.

This fight will be fought from range, where Pulev is outgunned.

You just described the way Haye wins as if both fight their usual styles.

this is why I bet on Haye

Comment

It could go either way, Haye would be slight favorite, but as others mentioned, Haye would wanna get the bigger Bulgarian outta there before the later rounds. Haye by KO or Pulev by KO or decision. 50/50.

If Haye makes this fight, he deserves some credit. Until then, he can piss off.

Comment

I'd have Haye as a slight favourite but can see Pulev winning.

A young unbeaten fighter like Pulev represents a stiffer challenge to Haye who was short on ideas vs Wvlad and was eventually worn down by Thompson. Aslong as Pulev keeps his hands up nice and tight and keeps a tempo where Haye is constantly reacting then I give Pulev a good chance. Haye likes room to work and does so at his own pace so Pulev would be playing into his hands if he stood infront of him like Ruiz

For Haye to win its all about speed, striking fast and getting out again, making Pulev follow him & being a moving target. Punch selection is key or it could be a hard night if he begins to gas and Pulev walks through his shots. If Haye cant dictate and gets drawn into a physical fight youd lean towards the bigger man.

Make it happen.
                Something that happened 10 years ago is clearly not relevant any more.

I don't see how Pulev could beat Haye. At worst, the fight will go as long as Ruiz, in reality it will go like it did against Chisora.

Haye's 1-2 will win this fight. Pulev has a good defence, but Haye will throw that vicious left jab and poke his head back from the get go. Throw the straight right that landed in the first 30 secs against Ruiz and the fight shouldn't go long. I could see Pulevs trainer throwing in the towel like Ruiz. I honestly think he'd be totally out of his depth.

Pulev has good workrate, but doesn't have tremendous power to go with it. And he's not really quick enough to land on Haye in my opinion. So unless he can make it into a dog-fight (which I would still favour Haye in) I don't see this going further than round 9.

Comment

Problem is that's not his game.

Pulev is 32 years old, he's not magically going to become a pressure fighter in 1 training camp, it's not his style.

This fight will be fought from range, where Pulev is outgunned.

You just described the way Haye wins as if both fight their usual styles.

this is why I bet on Haye
                  Pulev may adjust when he fights a smaller man but it remains to be seen. He fought long vs that tall chap whos name eludes me and he is generally a nice boxer but if he was against a small quick guy I think hed have to adjust his game and he is sensible enough to know that. He cant expect to box the same against every style he faces. Most guys who face Haye look at the Thompson blueprint and think he will gas if the apply steady pressure. Its only worked twice though.

Im abit ashamed to admit that I picked Chisora to beat Haye on points. I thought if he could walk through Vtalis punches, Chisora could walk through Hayes and eventually wear him down and win rounds so perhaps Im underestimating Haye abit. I was wrong in that fight but Chisora was on a losing streak and Pulev is all around a better fighter.

Close competative fight IMO

Comment

Pulev may adjust when he fights a smaller man
                    He's an inch taller than Haye.

Comment

Working...
                    X