Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell investment down to the last 82M? OUT of (521M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    You don't need p4p fighters to be successful... Bellator has no p4p fighters, but has done just fine being an alternative to UFC

Casual fans just want entertaining fights.. PBC can deliver that, if they matched guys up tough every time just like mma promotions do.. But PBC has done a horrible job in making it easy for casuals to follow along.. Too many channels, times, days, etc.. I can't even keep up with it and I'm a loser with 20k posts on a boxing forum. lol
    LOL, but yea I've heard this a bunch of times at this point & gotta admit its a problem even as a fan of the concept. I don't know the ultimate end goal with this strategy, but it seems as PBC would be better served to have about half their current deals at most & have more defined time slots to build a regular audience.

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
    you have to hope that he hasn't permanently ****ed up boxing.
    For such a noble, historical & manly sport there are a lot of drama queens in boxing.

Boxing ain't going anywhere anytime soon if Haymon f#cked a tranny on prime time NBC in the middle of the ring. The pussification of people in the US could eff up boxing & the NFL & other "aggressive" sports here & elsewhere at some future date, but boxing gots plenty of **** that'll happen moving forward around the globe.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      LOL did you seriously say things I don't understand?

I reconcile balance sheets for a publicly traded, small cap company. I spend half my day on here and the other half looking at tables.

See the bolded? That's where you've got it ****ed up. You know PBC may be financed through one holding. But you don't know who else is. And I doubt they are the only ones.

But I'm wrong, right? OK. Answer this: Show me in which press release does it say that media group holdings H is SOLELY for one company?

Don't worry, I'll wait.
      It was like watching a chess player vs a Connect-4 player. The guy got owned and continued taking the punishment, he has a big ego. Good job you beat him down like Mayweather-Gatti.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
        I dont know why anybody would wish Haymon fails. I mean its the sport we all love... I dont give a **** if he likes trannies and if hes associated with Floyd, a fighter I dont enjoy watching or whatever whatever. Im not a fan of any promoter, dont care abt them... As long as I get fights on a regular basis, its all good for me.

Haymon's involvement with boxing for the last decade or so has been nothing but absolute toxic. He's never contributed anything remotely positive to boxing. The one contribution he has made - securing grossly overinflated purses for his fighters - has done nothing but hurt boxing in the long term. When you're making an absurd amount of money for the most mediocre and underwhelming of matchups, what incentive is there to go and fight someone who poses a genuine threat/challenge for just a little bit more money?

I could forget that if he was actually doing good things with this PBC project, but he isn't. We're a year in now and it's been nothing but a colossal failure. Terrible promotion, terrible production, largely terrible matchups - the typical Haymon schlock, basically.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          Haymon could be doing way better with all the resources he wastes. If the african american market is not ready to be exploited, move on, go with local attractions regardless of race, and once the market is healthy come back to prioritising his racial agenda once the demand for boxing in the urban areas catches up, if his agenda is so important to him. Rushing it is only gonna be worse for him if none of the networks bite on his bluff.
          I agree with your other points and I don't think what you're saying about the correct way to build an audience is even debatable, but Haymon does not have a racial agenda.

Haymon comes from the music business where a particular image for pop artists has dominated the past decade. Just look at this picture of Danny Garcia:

Now look at Broner:

This image is what Haymon is selling. And he's not targeting the black audience either, not exclusively at least. He's just as much targeting the white suburban teenage kids that the music industry hoovers up dollars from.

It was successful with Floyd but it hasn't really been replicated. Broner was reasonably successful but it didn't work in the end because in truth he wasn't good enough and hardcore fans hated him. Which is the core problem really. Floyd was already a hall of famer when the Money persona was turned up and was a gifted ATG level fighter.

The cars and jewellery and all that stuff probably reinforced the persona but in truth all Floyd had to do was play the heel. That was the heart of it. Floyd was a C-Class celebrity but an A-Class athlete. For me that's what's wrong with the Haymon mindset. He doesn't get that the achievements in the ring are what everything else is built on. And working for years to make guys into C-Class celebrities isn't going to translate to super-stardom in the boxing world. As fucked up as boxing is, in the end substance still does matter more than image. Because unlike the music industry no one can write the killer tracks for you in boxing. You have to write them yourself.
          Last edited by Dr Rumack; 01-30-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            LOL, but yea I've heard this a bunch of times at this point & gotta admit its a problem even as a fan of the concept. I don't know the ultimate end goal with this strategy, but it seems as PBC would be better served to have about half their current deals at most & have more defined time slots to build a regular audience.

For such a noble, historical & manly sport there are a lot of drama queens in boxing.

Boxing ain't going anywhere anytime soon if Haymon f#cked a tranny on prime time NBC in the middle of the ring. The pussification of people in the US could eff up boxing & the NFL & other "aggressive" sports here & elsewhere at some future date, but boxing gots plenty of **** that'll happen moving forward around the globe.

PBC messed up big time by not being on a single channel, say spikeTV every Saturday night..
            Some weeks they have big names like a wilder, danny, khan, thurman, etc and some weeks have guys like wade, spence, brant. As long as they had a weekly fight card and provided competitve matchups everytime, they could have grown an audience. They also should have started 4 man tournaments to crown their own champs, just like bellator did.. It would have gathered so much more excitement if they started off with thurman-Porter, then the next week garcia-khan 2, and then hype a title fight between the winners. Once champs are crowned, you can use the tournament to determine contenders.. Bellator executes this perfectly and has built them up into the 2nd most prestigious belts in the sport..

Comment

• if haymon really wanted to take over boxing he would take his ass to china and India.

good old bob arum has already started investing in the chinese market. India is an untapped source of humanity.

Al Haymon should be maneuvering amir khan to fight in india and build up and play up his pakistani/indian heritage but it seems to me he's more interested investing in mackelmore riff raff trying to take advantage of the urbanization of american youth.

Comment

PBC messed up big time by not being on a single channel, say spikeTV every Saturday night..
                Some weeks they have big names like a wilder, danny, khan, thurman, etc and some weeks have guys like wade, spence, brant. As long as they had a weekly fight card and provided competitve matchups everytime, they could have grown an audience. They also should have started 4 man tournaments to crown their own champs, just like bellator did.. It would have gathered so much more excitement if they started off with thurman-Porter, then the next week garcia-khan 2, and then hype a title fight between the winners. Once champs are crowned, you can use the tournament to determine contenders.. Bellator executes this perfectly and has built them up into the 2nd most prestigious belts in the sport..
                I get what you're saying (from a fans perspective) but you are assuming that one of these networks actually want to dedicate consecutive weeks of their Saturday night programming to boxing.

Remember, showing boxing on a lot of these cable channels and networks is uncharted territory for them. And most of them have no reason to commit that amount of airtime (minimum 2 Primetime hours per week) on a sport they don't traditionally carry nor have any clue on its profitability.

Most believe that is Haymon's endgame is PBC on one or two networks on a consistent basis. But to knock PBC for not being in that position right out of the gate seems premature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                  I get what you're saying (from a fans perspective) but you are assuming that one of these networks actually want to dedicate consecutive weeks of their Saturday night programming to boxing.

Remember, showing boxing on a lot of these cable channels and networks is uncharted territory for them. And most of them have no reason to commit that amount of airtime (minimum 2 Primetime hours per week) on a sport they don't traditionally carry nor have any clue on its profitability.

Most believe that is Haymon's endgame is PBC on one or two networks on a consistent basis. But to knock PBC for not being in that position right out of the gate seems premature.

Money talks,,, they could have bought any Saturday night on most cable channels.. Hell they could have taken every Tuesday or Wednesday night..
                  Their schedule just needs to be consistent..
                  There is no way they are ever gonna build or grow an audience with their current random schedule.. Bellator should have been their blueprint, instead of this "throw it everywhere and see what sticks"

and a network would give them whatever airtime as long as it was paid for.. Instead of spending 200 million across 10 channels, they could have used that money to buy one channel, and actual have a show that in theory could attract viewers and grow an audience.

Comment

• haymond is shady as ****, i wouldnt give that guy a dime.

everyone was always saying the rates they were paying the fighters didnt seem like the PBC show could be profitable, ive been saying all along haymond dont give two chits if PBC goes bankrupt because its not his money. Bigger purses for the fighters, bigger paydays for him. When PBC goes bankrupt, haymond still has all his fighters, he will just take them to a different station.

just lol @ buying 3 airplanes with investors money.haymond is a scam artist

Comment

Idk if going with just one channel is ideal either. I think you want to have the levels guys are at covered. For example I think NBC or Fox would be great for the bigger names in big fights, I think ESPN & Spike would be great for those names vs no name contenders or prospects & FoxSports 1 would be great for the contenders & prospects moving up the ladder still. PBC gots plenty of those types of guys to fill up cards at all of those levels. Just one network on board is gonna have a lot of guys holding their dicks for months at a time waiting on fights which isn't good either & would probably get a lot of guys off board with PBC &/or Haymon.

And I don't think a PBC belt would be or woulda been a good move either. Boxing fans got a real love/hate thing with belts & I think even getting a PBC belt in play would get PBC much more hate & bad feedback than they've gotten & just sorta starts battles or wars with abc groups that'd make it harder to legitimize there up & coming guys.

I think there is & has been an argument to be made that they can do more compelling fights more often to build up names quicker, but I don't think that decides the success or failure of this PBC thing just due to boxing not being about competitive fights as much as names these days rightly or wrongly.

Comment

Working...
                      X