No announcement yet.

Does GGG fear Canelo or Ward more?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
    Ok... I'll briefly let you off the hook from the real thread topic (GGG being... cough... scared of Canelo).

Let's see. Canelo is younger, bigger, and fresher than Cotto. Cotto is a 154-pounder at best. Canelo could fight at 168 if he wanted to. Cotto has had numerous wars with big-name opponents over his illustrious career. Canelo was handfed until basically the other day. Cotto takes a good shot... but Canelo's chin, although basically untested, might be better than Cotto's. So all in all it explains why Canelo should be heavily favored to beat Cotto, right?

Ok... here's your "entertaining fantasy". Cotto is 10 times the boxer Canelo is. He showed it against guys like Judah and Mosley. Canelo showed his ineptness in that ridiculous showing against Mayweather. Cotto has adapted his whole career, through a parade of trainers and styles. He made the adjustments necessary to win some important, high-profile fights. Canelo has only ONE style.

So really.... it's not that unfathomable to think Cotto could beat Canelo.
    We'll just have to wait and see on Nov 21, won't we.

Canelo fought Mayweather when he was completely green. He needed to have fought Lara and Cotto before taking on Mayweather. Of course he got schooled that was expected. Cotto didn't look like a superior boxer when Judah had blood streaming out of his mouth like a twat come that time of the month. Cotto can hang with the elite but he always comes up short. Pacman, Mayweather and Trout had their way with him. His only victory against elite competition was when he took the lineal titles from martinez and took the old dog to shed. The thing is now he is the old dog about to be taken to shed. Its come full circle. You will be suprised how even the skills will be come fight night. Sure Cotto is more skilled than the likes of gennady blumpkin but it still wont save him from the likes of Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
      Canelo fought Mayweather when he was completely green. He needed to have fought Lara and Cotto before taking on Mayweather. Of course he got schooled that was expected. Cotto didn't look like a superior boxer when Judah had blood streaming out of his mouth like a twat come that time of the month. Cotto can hang with the elite but he always comes up short. Pacman, Mayweather and Trout had their way with him. His only victory against elite competition was when he took the lineal titles from martinez and took the old dog to shed. The thing is now he is the old dog about to be taken to shed. Its come full circle. You will be suprised how even the skills will be come fight night. Sure Cotto is more skilled than the likes of gennady blumpkin but it still wont save him from the likes of Canelo

Canelo fought Mayweather in his 44th professional fight. Don't tell me he was green. Besides.... who clamored for the fight, practically demanding that Canelo get the shot because he "belonged" in the ring with Floyd? It wasn't Floyd. Of Cotto's 3 fights you mentioned, Cotto fought Pacman when he had ZERO presence in his corner..... none. I've always maintained Cotto made a critical mistake by putting Joe "WTF" Santiago in his corner. More clueless a corner you will never find. Cotto acquitted himself well early, using his jab to snap Pac's head back repeatedly. But thanks to his clueless corner started to go toe-to-toe with the much faster Pac.... and paid the price. Mayweather beat Cotto... but that fight is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Mayweather's shutout of Canelo. Trout? Yeah... I'll give you that. A common opponent, no less.... where Canelo dominated while Cotto lost. No issues there. Still... I expect fireworks and a good, competitive fight come Nov 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
        Canelo fought Mayweather in his 44th professional fight. Don't tell me he was green. Besides.... who clamored for the fight, practically demanding that Canelo get the shot because he "belonged" in the ring with Floyd? It wasn't Floyd. Of Cotto's 3 fights you mentioned, Cotto fought Pacman when he had ZERO presence in his corner..... none. I've always maintained Cotto made a critical mistake by putting Joe "WTF" Santiago in his corner. More clueless a corner you will never find. Cotto acquitted himself well early, using his jab to snap Pac's head back repeatedly. But thanks to his clueless corner started to go toe-to-toe with the much faster Pac.... and paid the price. Mayweather beat Cotto... but that fight is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Mayweather's shutout of Canelo. Trout? Yeah... I'll give you that. A common opponent, no less.... where Canelo dominated while Cotto lost. No issues there. Still... I expect fireworks and a good, competitive fight come Nov 21.
        Canelo had never experienced anything that would even remotely prepare him for mayweathers elusiveness, counter punching, lateral movement or ring iq. He went into that fight completely unprepared for the moment. Erislandy Lara was the crash course he needed. But come to think about it the Mayweather fight was great preparation for Lara and why he was able to find the moving target frequently enough to bag the w. Cotto does have more experience but with that comes more wear and tear. Margarito plastered him from pillar to post in their first fight and pacman battered him into submission. Canelo's technique has improved dramatically after tangling with Mayweather and Lara. What he lacks in experience he will make up for with durability and will suprise folks when there isn't a big gap in technique. I have to give Cotto credit for taking the fight unlike the very shameful and cowardly stance of golobkin

Comment

Oh yeah thats right about the Lara fight. Angulo was a tune up. Yes Canelo was the one who gave into Cotto's demand of 155. It shows Canelo's willingness to give way to make fights with the bigger attractions. Something Glovekin will likely never do. Lets face it by the time Canelo is a full blown MW I'm sure Globkin will be fighting at 168 demanding Canelo move up.
          I'm tapping out, I can't waste anymore time with stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            I'm tapping out, I can't waste anymore time with stupidity.
            Seems like you have learned the art of ducking and dodging from your hero govelkin

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              You being serious? Canelo has to beat Cotto first. If that happens, then they can discuss "terms". Anything Canelo says in interviews before then means jack shit.
              Lol everyone who knows boxing knew canelo would easily knock off cotto. They also know he would destroy the bum fighting ggg. Look for gennady to aggressively duck canelo like the plague now.

Comment

So that happens with a brain when evolution goes backwards again? Interesting.

Comment

Lol everyone who knows boxing knew canelo would easily knock off cotto. They also know he would destroy the bum fighting ggg. Look for gennady to aggressively duck canelo like the plague now.

Comment

Lately Golovkin has become picking and choosing opponents instead of taking on all comers. First he had a chance to move up to 168 and face a rusty Andre Ward but instead ferociously chased pot headed Chavez Jr and shot battle worn Carl Froch 168 lb fights instead. Both stars Chavez Jr and Froch passed on fights with the obscure Golovkin. Still, big name option Andre Ward was ready and willing to mix it up. GGG clearly didn't want this fight and came up with an excuse of needing a 164 lb catchweight. He knew Ward had gotten heavy from inactivity and that it was not humanly possible for him to make a weight 4 pounds lower than his division. This was the first time Triple G's cowardice surfaced. He ran away from the 168 kingpin with his tail between his legs and decided to stay at 160. He says he fights in a mexican style. Boxings super mega star Canelo Alvarez is the ultimate mexican fighter with a mexican style. Clearly Golovkin would want a shot at boxings star attraction right? Wrong. Even though Canelo is an incredibly huge attraction, he would also be much better than anyone GGG has fought and could possibly knock Genadavich out. I believe GGG may very well fear for his health and fear the karma of ripping off the moniker mexican style. He knows fighting a real mexican would expose that he is an udder european fraud. He immediately began making excuses "no catchweight". He saw fighting Canelo would result in a sure loss and went to see Rhonda Rousey. "How have you been able to avoid a fighter your terrified of? I'm terrified of Canelo the way you are of Cyborg. Please tell me". So clearly Golovkin will do whatever it takes to get out of the Alvarez fight. Rousey coached him up. So who does GGG fear the most?

....help me............

Comment

We should add Jacobs to the list

Comment

Working...
                      X