Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone deadlift here ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit a new PB last Friday 265kg/ 585 pound deadlift !
    280kg before the year is out is my goal
    Video below .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3Jvlx0gH4
    Last edited by CiganoBoxer; 07-22-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Just Romanian deads for me, to kill my hamstrings

Comment

Originally posted by CiganoBoxer View Post
        Video below .

Nice, I'm jealous of that dead lift area, wish my gym had that.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          Nice, I'm jealous of that dead lift area, wish my gym had that.
          they have only just got them in , their awesome for reps

Comment

Didn't feel as strong as last week , but still hit a new PB of 270KG to day
            Video below .
            https://instagram.com/p/5wr8GrI-4q/?...by=ciganoboxer

Comment

I'm gonna start working on dead lifts now. That 500+ deadlift got me miring'

Do you ever do the sumo style deadlift? I guess it allows you to lift the bar higher or summat. Idk, I see a lot of people using that form though. Sumo style.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                I'm gonna start working on dead lifts now. That 500+ deadlift got me miring'

Do you ever do the sumo style deadlift? I guess it allows you to lift the bar higher or summat. Idk, I see a lot of people using that form though. Sumo style.
                That 270kg is almost 596 pounds i think ?
                I never really tried sumo mate , probably because it is sort of frowned upon in some circles i believe ?

Comment

Originally posted by CiganoBoxer View Post
                  Video below .

Very impressive mate, I have (and have always had) a weird thing where my thighs and hamstrings are smaller than my calves. Genetics I think, Dad was a sprinter so I was a sprinter. I have always had huge calves and small upper legs, limits my deadlift massively.

My working weight for reps has been stuck at 150kgs for a long time, can't seem to get it up. My working weight with squats keeps going up though, don't know what I'm doing wrong, maybe I need to isolate my lower back to bring the weight up later.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    Very impressive mate, I have (and have always had) a weird thing where my thighs and hamstrings are smaller than my calves. Genetics I think, Dad was a sprinter so I was a sprinter. I have always had huge calves and small upper legs, limits my deadlift massively.

My working weight for reps has been stuck at 150kgs for a long time, can't seem to get it up. My working weight with squats keeps going up though, don't know what I'm doing wrong, maybe I need to isolate my lower back to bring the weight up later.
                    I just hit 270kg/ 596 pounds , what i been doing is 80-90% of my max weight for sets of 3 reps ...so after warm up sets i hit 240kg x3 /250kg x3 /260kg x3 , i would do that or more reps if i could on that weight for 3 weeks then have a single single rep max day on the fourth week ....its seems to have worked for me as in 14 months I went from 170kg to 270kg on my dead lift but TBF I packed in all my boxing/running/cardio to do it , just took up this powerlifting as getting punched in the head at age 41 ent as much fun as when i was in me 20s lol

Comment

Working...
                    X