Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bute wouldn't have won a single fight in the Super Six Tournament.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    "Bute wouldn't have won a single fight" You then list a fighter he beat and 2 he might have beaten.
    lol this

Bute lost to the second best fighter in the tournament, there were 4 or 5 more he could well have beaten and one he did.

This is NSB though, if you lose one fight decisively everything you've achieved goes out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      lol this

Bute lost to the second best fighter in the tournament, there were 4 or 5 more he could well have beaten and one he did.

This is NSB though, if you lose one fight decisively everything you've achieved goes out the window.
      its not about the fact that he lost to Froch. its about HOW he lost to Froch. Froch walked through him like he was nothing but in the super six Froch walked through NOBODY.

Comment

bute would have gotten r@ped by dirrell........in fact this should be butes very next fight so that he can get outboxed, picked apart, & ko'd into booty world.

also i don't think he would beat arthur. arthur has many flaws but power & a granted chin isn't one of them.........the way froch would EASILY wobble bute makes me unsure of bute standing in front of arthur for 12 rounds & not being seriously hurt.

the super six was a tough place to be.........

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
          its not about the fact that he lost to Froch. its about HOW he lost to Froch. Froch walked through him like he was nothing but in the super six Froch walked through NOBODY.
          It's only one fight bro, Bute already beat Glen Johnson and stylistically Froch looked a nightmare for him.

Bute needs to take on another top contender before we can make any conclusive assessments on his standing.

Comment

He walked threw AA(although he did not get a KO),and Dirrell ran like a track star in their fight...

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
              bute would have gotten r@ped by dirrell........in fact this should be butes very next fight so that he can get outboxed, picked apart, & ko'd into booty world.

also i don't think he would beat arthur. arthur has many flaws but power & a granted chin isn't one of them.........the way froch would EASILY wobble bute makes me unsure of bute standing in front of arthur for 12 rounds & not being seriously hurt.

the super six was a tough place to be.........
              Abraham doesn't have the output to pressure Bute like Froch did. Froch was relentless in coming forward, taking big shots on the way through.

Granted, Froch took the shots like they were nothing but he always came back at Bute straight away, rocking him plenty.

The only thing Abraham has going for him against a much bigger Bute is Power and Chin. Abraham fights from a guard with a low output. Bute would rack up rounds against him.

The biggest question is, would Bute be able to withstand Abrahams powershots towards the latter rounds? We've seen Bute's chin isn't very good, but that was against 2 pressure, high output fighters in Froch and Andrade.

It's all hear'say and irrelevant now, but for it's worth, i would have seen Bute beat Taylor, Green, Abraham, and he already beat Johnson. Dirrell and Kessler i would have slightly favoured over Bute (pre-Froch) and Ward is a different class, but would make for a very boring decision. Bute would cause more problems for Ward than Froch did, but Ward would still UD him comfortably.

Comment

A perfect example of an overrated fighter, but you have to give Froch credit. Despite his loss to Ward, he learned from it, remained motivated, and didn't let the loss get him down too much. You have to admire that in a fighter.

Comment

The ****** is strong with this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    He walked threw AA(although he did not get a KO),and Dirrell ran like a track star in their fight...
                    Dirrell outboxed froch easily and got robbed bigtime.
                    but I had Froch winning against Kessler on my scorecard

Comment

Kessler, Ward, Dirrell would have beaten Bute easily. Btw the Glen Johnson-Bute fight was not as one sided as the commentary and the dumb punch stats made it look like. I saw Johnson blocking most of Bute's shots and I thought it was a close fight.
                      Bute might have beaten Abraham cause of his size advantage and Jermain Taylor cause Taylor was post prime. But other than that I dont think Bute would have beaten ANYONE in the super six tournament.
                      I mean, Froch walked through him like he was a bum. And Froch didnt walk through ANYBODY in the Super Six tournament. Froch is slow, decent, but no special effects. And he went through Bute like nothing. Even Froch's handspeed was confusing Bute. I mean, Froch doesnt have fast hands really, but he looked faster than Bute.
                      Bute might be able to outbox Kessler.
                      Bute might be able to win a close decision over Dirrell in Canada.
                      Bute either outboxes AA or get KTFO by AA
                      Bute might beat Taylor, depending if Taylor can take Bute's power
                      Bute might be able to go 12 rounds with Ward, but still lose

Comment

Working...
                      X