• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General USA Boxing

discuss any USA based fighters here

Ali wasn't he the best?

Comment

Usa boxing is in good shape. Not the best it has been, but dont be surprised when there is another resugence of willing and able fighters in the near future. Recession and depression tend to make a man more willing to let it hang out when a dollar is involved somewhere down the line.

Rockin'
      Last edited by Rockin'; 05-03-2006, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
        Usa boxing is in good shape. Not the best it has been, but dont be surprised when there is another resugence of willing and able fighters in the near future. Recession and depression tend to make a man more willing to let it hang out when a dollar is involved somewhere down the line.

Rockin'
        Rockin, you should use this as your avatar.

I just think it would be really funny.

Comment

I expect to See Bradley wearin the Ring belt at JWW this yr.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            I expect to See Bradley wearin the Ring belt at JWW this yr.
            Floyd V Mosley has to be the biggest USA V USA fight in awhile.

Comment

Dawson is my favorite USA based fighter, though he doesn't get much credit on here even though he is unbelievably skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Dawson is my favorite USA based fighter, though he doesn't get much credit on here even though he is unbelievably skilled.
                I think the problems with him and getting the credit he deserves are as follows:

1) He's only fought 2 opponents in the last 2 years, both dudes were old (for 12 rd decisions)

2) He should have never ever had the rematch with Tarver. No one wanted to see it, it was boring and he took up a HBO championship boxing date.

3) He has no real belt right now.

4) He could have fought Cloud in a fight everyone wanted to see somewhere along the line.

5) It appears that he's not even fighting until May or after, which will be at least 7 months since his last fight, no activity.

I was all over Dawson after the Adamek fight but am only lukewarm on him now because he just lost all his momentum.

Comment

Deontay Wilder---huge right hand very athletic

Shawn Porter---pretty much the JMW version of Mike Tyson

Danny Jacobs---kinda lost his luster but good none the less.

Fernando Guerrerro---not a born american but he claims us none the less

so many to name...

Demetrius Andrade
                  Dominic Wade

all good prospects

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
                    Deontay Wilder---huge right hand very athletic

Shawn Porter---pretty much the JMW version of Mike Tyson

Danny Jacobs---kinda lost his luster but good none the less.

Fernando Guerrerro---not a born american but he claims us none the less

so many to name...

Demetrius Andrade
                    Dominic Wade

all good prospects
                    the title of "154 lb Tyson" is already taken by one James Kirkland. Porter is nice, but he's not James Kirkland (yet). Shi t, Kirkland even got locked up. He just needs to busy up a fringe contender in a street fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X