Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documented proof of Bruce Lee fighting in tournaments ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Peru View Post
    I still dont know why u compare Lee to a female amatuer boxer. Just how many female amatuer boxers have u seen train on the punch bag?
    As ive said before, IMO he isnt throwing punches like any boxer would.
    His technique is totally different.
    If he were a boxer, id agree and say his technique is poor. But in no way does it illustrate how well he could fight.
    Many fighters have had poor or unusual technique, but were very effective in the ring.

I just believe u cant tell how good a fighter is judging him on the heavy bag.
    sometimes, unuusal technique is better, it distracts the opponent - think of emmanuel augustus, he probably looks like **** when sparring or training, but when he gets in the ring, and has a confused live opponent in front of him - he looks fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by leff View Post
      no one has claimed that foreman was technical good, but his power is nasty cant say the same with bruce.
      Foremans power was nasty but he didnt really look powerful on the bag. As i say his power didnt make me go 'wow' just like his technique didnt as well.

Comment

I still dont know why u compare Lee to a female amatuer boxer. Just how many female amatuer boxers have u seen train on the punch bag?
        If he were a boxer, id agree and say his technique is poor. But in no way does it illustrate how well he could fight.
        Many fighters have had poor or unusual technique, but were very effective in the ring.

Exactly. I am picking on Foreman a bit but to be fair to Foreman i have seen a lot of footage of champs on the heavy bag and they dont look all that good. Champs from the olden days black and white footage till the present day. If i was to judge them on how good they were by watching their footage on the heavy bag it would be silly and unfair.
        Bruces footage is only about 20 seconds. He looks powerful and quick. He is punching barefisted and that is a hard thing to do. The camcorder isnt great and the microphone on the camera is hardly audibe, which could lessen the impact of Lees punches. But Bruces power barefisted on the bag is impressive. His speed was good. There can be no complaints. And if you insist on complaining, complain about other boxers as well to be fair. But that is not likely because people here are only complaining about Bruces footage because people say how great he was. Bottom line is the footage doesnt proove that Lee wasnt as great as people say he was. You can only do so much on a heavy bag, and Lee wasnt out to impress anyway. If someone was watching him ready to criticize you might have seen something different.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 10-03-2006, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I confess to not be that knowledgeable of martial arts or even the specifics of Bruce Lee's life; but I feel all of the recent naysaying concerning his greatness as a martial artist is akin to the recent naysaying of Ali's greatness by younger fans who want to believe that their heroes are better than those who took our breath away when we were young. Call it "modern revisionism".

Least that's what I think.

Incidentally, after reading all the points on this thread, from what I do know about Lee.....REAL NINJA, IMO, has it closest to being spot on.

Comment

yes ive seen loads off female ammatures on the bag.

the technic from his art my be different from boxing, doesnt change that he shows lack off power.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Foremans power was nasty but he didnt really look powerful on the bag. As i say his power didnt make me go 'wow' just like his technique didnt as well.
              you dont think he looks powerful on the bag?

Comment

You don't think Foreman looks powerful on the bag? What you been smoking man?

Last edited by Southpaw Stinger; 10-03-2006, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I don't beleive you've ever seen Foreman on the bag mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvirljx6ob4&eurl=

Comment

Working...
                  X