Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since HBO Commentators have their favorite fighters name them.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since HBO Commentators have their favorite fighters name them.

Ill go with the ones I know off the top of my head.

George Foreman - huge Oscar De La Hoya fan, huge Prince Naseem Fan
    Jim Lampley - huge Marco Antonio Barrera fan, huge Manny Pacquiao fan, Klitschko fan
    Larry Merchant - huge Manny Pacquiao fan, huge Klitschko fan (Larry is a tough one because he really doesn't have many favorites today, so you know Pacman must be special cause he was a fan since day one).
    Roy Jones Jr. - shows bias towards Manny Pacquiao, huge Nonito Donaire cheerleader, and recently Bradley

Drop some more, I am not really sure who Kellerman rides.

I miss Emmanuel Steward he was the only guy who remained neutral

Foreman loved Trinidad too. I hated his commentary in the Hopkins fight. Merchant had to finally put him in check.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Foreman loved Trinidad too. I hated his commentary in the Hopkins fight. Merchant had to finally put him in check.
      Foreman was very biased, he and Barred fan boy Lampley even got into it when Barrera beat up Foremans boy Hamed.

Two biased guys going at it when their favorite fighters arein the ring lol

Don't you miss Steward? He was the best he gave good insight and anytime the fight was exciting he would go crazy with excitement. The Gatti Ward bout comes to mind.

Comment

Steward was great but he had his favorites too. Joshua Clottey comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Foreman was very biased, he and Barred fan boy Lampley even got into it when Barrera beat up Foremans boy Hamed.

Don't you miss Steward? He was the best he gave good insight and anytime the fight was exciting he would go crazy with excitement. The Gatti Ward bout comes to mind.
          Jim should have left Hamed's religion out of it.

Comment

Max Kellerman's favorites are Broner, Bradley, Alexander, Peterson, and Mayweather. Max seems to hate the Klitschkos and all the British boxers (Khan, Hatton, Calzaghe, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Max Kellerman's favorites are Broner, Bradley, Alexander, Peterson, and Mayweather. Max seems to hate the Klitschkos and all the British boxers (Khan, Hatton, Calzaghe, etc).

I agree. Max does seem to have a thing for certain types of fighters. It's pretty weird, actually.

Comment

Jim Lampley - Marco Antonio Barrera, De La Hoya, Cotto

Merchant - Arturo Gatti, Manny Pacquiao

Max Kellerman - This guy is blatantly biased for all the black fighters. It's disgusting.
                Last edited by AM Boxing5; 03-17-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Ill go with the ones I know off the top of my head.

George Foreman - huge Oscar De La Hoya fan, huge Prince Naseem Fan
                  Jim Lampley - huge Marco Antonio Barrera fan, huge Manny Pacquiao fan, Klitschko fan
                  Larry Merchant - huge Manny Pacquiao fan, huge Klitschko fan (Larry is a tough one because he really doesn't have many favorites today, so you know Pacman must be special cause he was a fan since day one).
                  Roy Jones Jr. - shows bias towards Manny Pacquiao, huge Nonito Donaire cheerleader, and recently Bradley

Drop some more, I am not really sure who Kellerman rides.

I miss Emmanuel Steward he was the only guy who remained neutral
                  So true. I recently rewatched de la Hoya vs Quartey and I could tell Foreman is an Oscar fan. I also remember Foreman is a BIG BIG James Toney fan. I recently watched Toney vs Montell Griffin I & II and Foreman was always saying how Toney is winning that fight sooo clearly when in reality both were very close fights.
                  Last edited by Salardo; 03-17-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

but that had nothing to do with Favoritism, Lampley was making fun of Hamed's religion and Foreman knew this was going way too far.

Comment

Working...
                    X