Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvarez needs to stop ducking the entire 154 pounds division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvarez needs to stop ducking the entire 154 pounds division.

Alvarez needs to stop ducking the entire 154 pounds division..I know he is young but he is a champion sooooo if he want to keep fighting small opponents or old shots he can vacate the title soo lara, martirosyan, molina, rosado, quintana or some real 154 pounder can get a shot at it..
    Last edited by Angry Cuban; 10-30-2012, 11:18 PM.

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
    Alvarez needs to stop ducking the entire 154 pounds division..I know he is young but he is a champion sooooo if he want to keep fighting small opponents or old shots he can vacate the title soo lara, martirosyan, molina, rosado, quintana or some real 154 pounder can have a shot at it..
    i have to gree with this, once youre a champ you gotta defend your title vs mandatories and champs....

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
      i have to gree with this, once youre a champ you gotta defend your title vs mandatories and champs....
      Yes man..the kid has future but they're handle him to slow..he have 40 fights.is the wbc champ and he didn't fought any top 10 154 pounder or at least a top 300 p4p..

Comment

he could do what he wants cause he the money man at 154 outside of cotto. Basically how boxing goes now every since mayweather and pac been doing everyone with some damn reconigation wants to go the easy route to a massive payday.

Comment

This guy has skill but until he fights someone from his division he deserves all the hate he gets. It's ridiculous that he can hold a jr. middleweight title and only fight welterweights and jr. welterweights.

Comment

boring thread primarily because everything's already been said

Comment

Well let's see, it's more like the big fights are ducking Canelo. It's not fighters particularly ducking him, just that he's had no luck. To me, he seems pretty sincere about fighting the best.

For his next fight, he's demanding GBP a fight with #2 ranked JMW Miguel Cotto, Ring/WBC Champion Sergio Martinez, #1 ranked/WBA[154]/WBC[147] Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Previously, he had a fight with Williams, Kirkland and Ortiz fall off for one reason or another. He had Cotto and Mayweather both tell him they're on vacation and were not available for September.

Canelo is alright by me. He seems genuine in fighting the best, it's just that he doesn't have good luck on his side. 2013 will be the year we see Canelo in the big fights though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
                This guy has skill but until he fights someone from his division he deserves all the hate he gets. It's ridiculous that he can hold a jr. middleweight title and only fight welterweights and jr. welterweights.
                We don't hate him..all we want is the obvious way of boxing...there are weight classes..rank boxers who are contenders at the title and they spend years training, far from their families..and all of them are looking for success..is selfish and not cool duck those ppl to fight small opponents or old shots...if he is young and not ready ok we understand..just vacate the title and fight for it whenever he feels ready..

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
                  Well let's see, it's more like the big fights are ducking Canelo. It's not fighters particularly ducking him, just that he's had no luck. To me, he seems pretty sincere about fighting the best.

For his next fight, he's demanding GBP a fight with #2 ranked JMW Miguel Cotto, Ring/WBC Champion Sergio Martinez, #1 ranked/WBA[154]/WBC[147] Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Previously, he had a fight with Williams, Kirkland and Ortiz fall off for one reason or another. He had Cotto and Mayweather both tell him they're on vacation and were not available for September.

Canelo is alright by me. He seems genuine in fighting the best, it's just that he doesn't have good luck on his side. 2013 will be the year we see Canelo in the big fights though.
                  He can't avoid the entire division and go straight to the pay day without any experience...it just violates every step...and look..he wanted to fight Kirkland who was having surgery...Williams who just got beaten by lara(why noot to fight lara instead) and ortis who is a ww( like usual taking in the smaller guy) when those fights fall apart he act like it was no more 154 pounder around soo he got to bet a natural 140 pounder...not cool..not fair..
                  Last edited by Angry Cuban; 10-31-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

the numbers don't lie! 6 world title fights and not one credible challenger

Comment

Working...
                    X