No announcement yet.

Morgan Freeman ATG actor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OG Chisora View Post
    They seem to be ****ting on it on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/j_edgar/

Not got round to seeing Shutter Island yet. Is it worth watching?
    I only saw it once and it was a while ago, but I recall it being alright - but not as great as I thought it was gonna be. Seems like sometimes they put the best scenes in the previews. To be fair though, I'm an extreme movie critic and can be hard to impress. I need to watch it again to really see if it was better then good.

One of my all time favorites of Leo is "The Departed" with him and Matt Damon. But there were a lot of great actors in that film too that helped make it so great.

I can't believe he's 37 already. He's one of those actors who litterally grew up in front of the camera. He's done some really big roles for a guy who is just in his late 30's though. Titanic, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, Blood Diamond, Body of Lies, Inception... and that's skipping a few really good ones inbetween. He's definately up there with some of the best.

Comment

He's no Daniel Day-Lewis AKA The greatest actor that ever lived.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
        He's no Daniel Day-Lewis AKA The greatest actor that ever lived.
        I won't argue too much with that.

DiCaprio is polarizing it seems. I'm a fan, though I hate Titanic and Romeo and Juliet those are the only movies I've seen him in that I don't like, and the problems I have with those movies have nothing to do with him.

Gangs of New York is one of my favorite movies.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
          I frigging love him. He picks his roles well and always brings out the best in them. I really don't think there has ever been anyone better than him.
          Denzel Washington....

Comment

Blood Diamond is probably my favorite DiCaprio film. He actually sounds South African as well, which is not an easy thing to do convincingly.

Comment

I always really liked Morgans movies a lot. Never seen him in a boring movie. I think he's a great actor, i especially like the one with Ashley Judd, one of my fav actresses. Some years ago, i was visiting NYC, just walking around Times Square area, and i saw him walking towards me.

I wanted to say hi, but wasn't quite sure it was him, but i did like a double take look on him, and he did the same to me...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                I told you about the time I met Morgan Freeman, right? He is a very nice and humble person. Love him! I will admit though, in my personal opinion - I prefer his serious drama roles as opposed to some of his comedy roles. It could have just been that the few I'm thinking about (Nurse Betty, The Big Bounce) were just not very good films... I don't think it was neccessarily his comedy skills as the failures of a poorly done film.
                Yes! I remember you saying you had I am very jealous. He also does a lot of community work and has done great things in that respect, it makes me personally respect him more. Denzel is amazing, I would be insane not to agree.

Comment

excellent actor and not too bad in those through the wormhole docu's either

Comment

Working...
                  X