Collapse
No announcement yet.

when will we have another Gatti?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Gatti? I don't think we will, just as there will never be another Jordan but we still got Kobe's and Lebrons.. same in Boxing!

Comment

I agree, Miguel Cotto is a great candidate.. its a shame that Margarito had to do that to him. Plaster is dangerous thing

Comment

I don't fully get this "there will never be another Gatti" thing. Gatti was very exciting, a ton of heart, but he is not alone in this matter.

Saad had a lot of exciting fights and heart for days. Morales, Chacon, Katsidis. M. Ward, etc...all fit the description as well.

There's always going to be exciting fighters out there who give it their all.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
          I don't fully get this "there will never be another Gatti" thing. Gatti was very exciting, a ton of heart, but he is not alone in this matter.

Saad had a lot of exciting fights and heart for days. Morales, Chacon, Katsidis. M. Ward, etc...all fit the description as well.

Im with you. Gatti was fun to watch, but his style has come and gone many times in history and we'll surely see it again.

Comment

We will never have another Gatti. Nor a fight where a boxer pours out their heart and warrior spirit like the Gatti-Ward trilogy or Corrales-Castillo.

Not when you have refs ending fights like Linares-DeMarco.

Refs won't allow someone that glory anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post

Those guys weren't Gatti though. Gatti has the following + the great fights + the blood

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                Those guys weren't Gatti though. Gatti has the following + the great fights + the blood
                Chacon, Saad Muhammad and Lopez had all those things to. Don't think they didn't just because their was no internet these guys weren't popular. They had huge followings.Today they would be no different than Gatti and possibly even more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Chacon, Saad Muhammad and Lopez had all those things to. Don't think they didn't just because their was no internet these guys weren't popular. They had huge followings.Today they would be no different than Gatti and possibly even more popular.
                  I don't remember them bleeding like Gatti and except for maybe Danny Lopez I doubt they had the kind of following Gatti had.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    I don't remember them bleeding like Gatti and except for maybe Danny Lopez I doubt they had the kind of following Gatti had.

This is and always has been your problem. You make claims without actually knowing the facts. Media exposure is what builds a fighters popularity outside of the region he starts off in. Chacon and others didn't have the luxury of the internet or PPV for most of their careers like Gatti did. Had they been fortunate enough to fight in the era Gatti did I have little doubt they would have been just as big. They were certainly in wars just as dramatic.

Comment

When you deny the chance for that sort of glory. You cannot ever see another display of that sort.

Comment

Working...
                      X