Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn: Anti Capitalists/Anti-Corporation people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPL need to accept that establishment always knows what is best of them.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftyDog View Post
      Yeah... why do you ask?
      goldman sachs chevron, they are nothing but big corporations lobbying in every body they want so they can make the laws they want to.

local elections can be bought with a couple million dollar donation, just give it to the guy you want to win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...er_of_Commerce

Lobbying

The Chamber has emerged as the largest lobbying organization in America. It spent $91.7 million on lobbying in 2008, and $144.5 million in 2009, up from $18.7 million in 2000. The Chamber's lobbying expenditures in 2009 were five times as high as the next highest spender: Exxon Mobil, at $27.4 million.[17] The Chamber had more than 150 lobbyists from 25 different firms working on its behalf in 2009. The major issues that it advocated on were in the categories of torts, government issues, finance, banking and taxes.
      this is wall street these are the people lobbying for a corrupt greedy America.

ohhh and i dont see anything about labor unions.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Not really. Nuurz made some great points which I certainly appreciate, but this doesn't address the issue that the protests are an absolute mess. They stand zero chance of success without specific and attainable goals, and these goals are absolutely not apparent.

People are complaining about CEO salaries. What, we should impose a legal limit on what CEOs should be paid? People are demanding total redistribution of wealth. Seriously, you think that this is ever going to be an achievable goal?

A lot of the people say they want a popular uprising and they sit among their ten thousand fellow protesters pretending this is the case, thinking that ten thousand people counts as a popular uprising while the other 18 million citizens pick their way around the rally and go about their business.

Whatever the loftier goals of the Occupy... movement may be, the simple fact is that these are a hodge-podge of barely related or completely unrelated issues that can be easily ignored by the people they are meant to influence.
        Nah man, Nuurz got you! At least admit it.

Thought id put this up......

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Gant View Post
          goldman sachs chevron, they are nothing but big corporations lobbying in every body they want so they can make the laws they want to.

local elections can be bought with a couple million dollar donation, just give it to the guy you want to win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...er_of_Commerce

this is wall street these are the people lobbying for a corrupt greedy America.

ohhh and i dont see anything about labor unions.
          I agree that they have too much influence, and the lobbying is out of control. But I was referring to

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

Look at the list, 11 of the top 20 are unions. I really do agree with the premise that there's too much influence by the rich. But I think that the protesters aren't really going to change anything.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftyDog View Post
            I agree that they have too much influence, and the lobbying is out of control. But I was referring to

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

Look at the list, 11 of the top 20 are unions. I really do agree with the premise that there's too much influence by the rich. But I think that the protesters aren't really going to change anything.
            16 by my count. Much easier to count the ones that aren't unions, ActBlue (much of whose contributions comes from unions,) AT&T, Goldman Sachs and Citigroup. But yeah, most people don't realize just how much of a stranglehold unions have on the political process in this country.

Looks like David Duke is a huge fan of OWS.

Oh and the American Nazi Party

Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 10-26-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              16 by my count. Much easier to count the ones that aren't unions, ActBlue (much of whose contributions comes from unions,) AT&T, Goldman Sachs and Citigroup. But yeah, most people don't realize just how much of a stranglehold unions have on the political process in this country.

Looks like David Duke is a huge fan of OWS.

Oh and the American Nazi Party

so you think that all electoral positions should be limited to a spending limit for their campaing thats audited and lobbying should be made illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Gant View Post
                so you think that all electoral positions should be limited to a spending limit for their campaing thats audited and lobbying should be made illegal?
                Campaign finance reform (a topic that is hinted by OWS crowds but not exactly defined as an objective) would work wonders. Look at our current president, he received far more political contributions in the 08 election from the banking industry...who'd he give bailouts to?? Who'd he hire into his cabinet? The whole Corporation is a person policy should be repealed and that should be supported by conservatives, liberals, and everything else between.

Comment

Limp wristedly keep listening to your (Fake Irish) Keith Olbermann Punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
                    Limp wristedly keep listening to your (Fake Irish) Keith Olbermann Punches.
                    Nine months later you resurrect this thread with this post?

Comment

Working...
                    X