No announcement yet.

UFC should be renamed UGC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC should be renamed UGC

Ultimate grappling championship. Seriously boring card.

You want to rename an entire company because of one card? The same card where Mir got destroyed by a bear, Nate Diaz destroyed a much bigger and heavier guy with beautiful ground and pound. Also, Drwal was limping out of the cage? . the card was not that boring man.. GSP dominated in a decent fight, I'm not gonna sit here and say it was an action packed fight, because it wasn't.. But he got the job done and almost broke Hardy's arm twice.

Overall, I thought it was a good card.

Comment

I'm one of MMA's strongest advocates, well at least I used to be. I'm starting to realise that it's a sport where athleticism is fast becoming more important than skill.

Without sounding narrow minded; two guys rolling around on the floor is not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Gomez View Post
        Watch k-1....

Comment

Go watch K-1 if you are too ******ed to understand the ground game, ******

Comment

renaming the whole sport because of one ****ing card

******ed reasoning

Comment

MMA is more than just two guys kickboxing. If you don't like the ground game and/or refuse to learn it, then stick to K-1 and boxing.

Comment

Do you guys really find 5 rounds of wrestling interesting? Really?

And I'm not basing my opinion on just one card, look at the early UFC matches mostly stand up with bits of interesting BJJ thrown in. Nowadays fighters realise they can win matches by taking someone down and holding them there, which in my opinion is extremely predictable and un-interesting.

Comment

Do you guys really find 5 rounds of wrestling interesting? Really?

And I'm not basing my opinion on just one card, look at the early UFC matches mostly stand up with bits of interesting BJJ thrown in. Nowadays fighters realise they can win matches by taking someone down and holding them there, which in my opinion is extremely predictable and un-interesting.
                  im finally starting to get into MMA... its been a long journey though, my friends that got me into boxing have been trying and trying to get me into MMA for years... and now that my brother in law who really got me into boxing, moved away, im just getting into it sorry bout his luck

ANYWAY... i like some good ground game, its not a turn off as long as it isnt excessive... and i like GSP and the way he dominates, but would like to see him trade more, but its his career so more power to him!

i still havent gotten to the point of buying a UFC card, but it probably wont take much longer, i just hope i dont get one of the ones where it is like this

Comment

Thought the UFC was a good event apart from the main event. The GSP and Fitch fights were boring as not alot were happening but apart from that was good.

Comment

Working...
                    X