Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andre Dirrell still a force to be reckoned with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirrel has the skill set of a young Ali but the hart of lamb

Comment

He had extraordinary skills which would've given Ward real problems. Unfortunately they didn't fight because of their friendship (I believe). He's just been too inactive lately and I think he won't make that much of an impact when he does come back.

Hopefully I'm wrong cos I like watching the guy fight.

Comment

I don't know man, anything is possible but I doubt it after that punch Abraham gave him while he was on the canvas.
        I'm still wondering how his people were allowed to get away with throwing water on the canvas like that. I think they purposely did it to cause the slip.

Comment

Dirrell has skill but is mentally like Chad Dawson in the ring. Too many lapses in defense and not a great offense coming forward. Mostly fights off his back foot and counters. Andre Ward would dominate in a match up with dirrell. I rather see Dirrell fight Kessler or a rematch with Froch. Dirrell was also inadvertently challenged by Golovkin so that would be a nice make up as well since Golovkin has a win on Dirrell from the Olympics...

Comment

dirrell your wife called you a coward FYI.

Andre doesnt seem to have the fighters spirit. Altough very talented, I just think boxing is not for him.

Comment

No, he was badly promoted. Too green against Froch and Abraham was on the verge of stopping him before he got dq'd.

Comment

Definitely still a force at the super middle weight division, curious to see where he can go after the injury, and a fight with another heavy puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                  No, he was badly promoted. Too green against Froch and Abraham was on the verge of stopping him before he got dq'd.
                  He probably beat Froch, and it was way too premature to say Abraham was anywhere close to ending that fight. Truth is he was and probably still is one of the best fighters in the SMW division and might have stood the best chance of giving Ward a good fight. But he's letting all his talent go to waste, either for promotional reasons or because he's too afraid to mix it up with a hard puncher after what happened against Abraham. And as for Rowland Bryant, a washed up Andrade is the only person with a pulse on his resume, and he just got destroyed by Thomas Oosthuizen. I guess it's something up of a stepping up fight, but he needs to step up really fast if he doesn't want to piss away all of his prime years.

Comment

Yep. He's wasting time. If he's going to make something of his career then he needs to have a big 2013.

Comment

He's a very good fighter. With the right mind set and game plan he could give Ward a lot of problems.

I do think this is the only man on the planet around this weight who could beat Ward.

Maybe controversial, but ...

Comment

Working...
                      X