No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard the ageless fighter? dude looks in his 30s only

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    good point, for those of us who have to work a nine to five job and overtime we will age faster with all the stress.

its why a lot of these rich celebs look so young, they make millions of dollars so they can sit there and bask. If you notice most of the actors who age badly are those who are hard core smokers, drinkers and druggies.
    I believe it to be mostly genetics aided by good makeup-and often some sort of plastic surgery. In fact I know it is. Celebrities rarely venture forth-at least whilst they are celebrities- without making sure that they look their best. It's a major part of their schtik. They have paparazzi and news interviewers dogging their footsteps everywhere they go. The have appointment secretaries whose duties include making the right kind of itineraries for them. They are on view full-time. Unless they are noted for playing unlovely parts.

You'd be surprised what some of those celebrities look like without makeup and 'treatment" from their personal gym an masseur guys....

I recall as a kid, there was a revival tour involving several of the most famous stars whose names my dear late mother was always mentioning. So I went to see them, and decided to pop into the bar and wait for the second show so as to see them again. I got talking to another guy who turned out to be the theatre reporter for a newspaper. He invited me to come backstage with him whilst he was taking shots and doing interviews. They were so different in every imaginable way to what I had seen on stage I couldn't believe it.

Comment

Sugar ray leonard the ageless fighter

I think Leonard still exercises and that will make you look younger than your years where people half his age are fat, out of shape, looking old. Leonard was a great fighter and I believe both he and tommy Hearns would beat Mayweather. Sugar Ray robinson would also beat mayweather. He had tremendous footwork and he had a K.O. power the likes of which Mayweather does not. Back then there were no catchweights either. Not deniying Mayweather as being the best pound for pound today but I think that if Joe Calzaghe was in his prime and weighed 147 to 154, he would take apart Mayweather. Nobody gives Calzaghe the credit he deserves.

Comment

He looks great but it finally seems that all the battles are caching up to him, his speech is sounding a little slow
        He does seem to be struggling just a little to get the words out the way he wants them. I hope it doesn't get any worse.

Ray vs Mayweather, in their primes, would break every box office record there is.

Comment

Interesting to note that his own brother, who Ray claims gave him the strategy/blueprint to beating Duran the second time, doesn't believe he could beat Floyd if they had fought.

Comment

I've never noticed his left eye looking so noticeably more closed than the other.

But other than that, yeah he's pretty darn ageless.

I think another big factor is always maintaining a consistently athletic weight.

His skin hasn't stretched from messing about gaining and losing weight like many other celebrities.

Comment

Black genetics.....its true.
              Check out a lot of older black dudes they always look a shed load younger then they are

Comment

Originally posted by tiger8 View Post
                I think Leonard still exercises and that will make you look younger than your years where people half his age are fat, out of shape, looking old. Leonard was a great fighter and I believe both he and tommy Hearns would beat Mayweather. Sugar Ray robinson would also beat mayweather. He had tremendous footwork and he had a K.O. power the likes of which Mayweather does not. Back then there were no catchweights either. Not deniying Mayweather as being the best pound for pound today but I think that if Joe Calzaghe was in his prime and weighed 147 to 154, he would take apart Mayweather. Nobody gives Calzaghe the credit he deserves.
                Forget 147...Prime Roy Jones would have Ko'd Calzaghe within 3-5 rounds regardless of weight class.

So lets not skip down to Floyd just to protect Joe.
                Young B-HOP Ko's him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tiger8 View Post
                  What does beating mayweather have to do with him looking young? Just kidding
                  Last edited by 7_rocket; 10-16-2013, 09:48 AM.

Comment

He looks early 50s and his speech doesn't seem like he has a fight career behind him.
                    He is a good advert for boxing and taking punches to the head and that boxing isn't damaging. Of course it is though.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      He looks early 50s and his speech doesn't seem like he has a fight career behind him.
                      He is a good advert for boxing and taking punches to the head and that boxing isn't damaging. Of course it is though.
                      early 50s? most guys I see in there early 50s have wrinkles and rough skin.

Comment

Working...
                      X