No announcement yet.

Whats Mike Tyson's best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Mike Tyson's best win?

Mike Tyson's resume kinda reminds me of the same reason people like to **** on Calzaghe. Meaning all the big names on his ledger are of old fighters on their way out.

I would argue Holmes is his best win but it was a Holmes close to 40.

Yet Mike Tyson always gets ranked so highly in Hw lists when he really fought a lot of bums in his prime along with old guys and a former light hw (spinks).

After losing to Douglass he went on to lose most of his "big" fights so aren't we being too kind to Tyson because of some sort of misplaced nostalgia about American hw boxing?

Michael Spinks might have been his best win. Just cuz' of the pure dominance he showed in that fight.

The Holmes win wasn't bad either. Yes Holmes was past his prime. But, was still good enough to beat a young undefeated Ray Mercer a few years later.

Tyson pretty much also cleaned out the division. Has a few solid wins with the likes of Ruddock, Tubbs, Berbick, and Tucker.

But, I don't think he ranks in the top 10 as for the HWs go. And, I think he's in low top 100 P4P ATG list also.

Comment

Tyson was more style than actual substance. He'll always get more leeway than someone like Calzaghe.

Comment

The way I see it, if Buster Douglass could k.o Tyson, imagine what a prime Larry Holmes would've done to him?

Prime Holmes did everything Douglass did by 100 times over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Tyson was more style than actual substance. He'll always get more leeway than someone like Calzaghe.
          This is true to an extent but his resume is still greater than Calzaghes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
            The way I see it, if Buster Douglass could k.o Tyson, imagine what a prime Larry Holmes would've done to him?

Prime Holmes did everything Douglass did by 100 times over.
            I mean Holmes is the greater fighter between the 2.

I don't think you would see a respectable list where Tyson is rank over Holmes.

Comment

spinks for sure...spinks was undefeated & no one considered tyson the real champ until he beat spinks.he made a statement!

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                This is true to an extent but his resume is still greater than Calzaghes.
                That would be a great poll and thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
                  That would be a great poll and thread.

Well I'm not an attention whore.....

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    Well I'm not an attention whore.....
                    lol, why so serious?

Comment

Working...
                    X