No announcement yet.

Pacquiao will be remembered as a greater fighter than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    I think Mayweather will be remembered as the better skilled fighter, as far as accomplishments go, we'll have to wait and see what both of them will do in the future.
    No we don't Floyd simply can't surpass Pac in accomplishments at this point in his career.

Pac is what a Champion should be. Even though I still think he does not deserve to be in any sort of p4p discussion simply because he is not that good.

Any way you slice it, wins over Marquez, Barrera, and Morales are better than anything Floyd could ever hope to accomplish.

He is a true what, 4 division champion now? Meaning he cleaned out the division before moving up.

I am still not a Pacfan, but you gotta respect the guy, he is a cool guy, has a huge heart, and give you your moneys worth.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      No we don't Floyd simply can't surpass Pac in accomplishments at this point in his career.

Pac is what a Champion should be. Even though I still think he does not deserve to be in any sort of p4p discussion simply because he is not that good.

Any way you slice it, wins over Marquez, Barrera, and Morales are better than anything Floyd could ever hope to accomplish.

He is a true what, 4 division champion now? Meaning he cleaned out the division before moving up.

I am still not a Pacfan, but you gotta respect the guy, he is a cool guy, has a huge heart, and give you your moneys worth.
      True. I totally respect him and what he's done but I still believe Mayweather will come back so he still has time to accomplish more in the sport.

Comment

Pacquiao had a WBC world title at age 18!

Pacquiao's first win over Barrera is a better win than Mayweather has on his resume.

Floyd's resume is mostly hand-picked opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
          Manny's a couple of years younger, and he's already fought and won in far more weight classes than Floyd. he started at strawweight (106) and is now fighting at lightweight (135).

Floyd will be remembered as a boring, unpopular fighter, and the coward who ducked Cotto and retired because he was afraid of a rematch with past-prime De La Hoya. Manny will be remembered as an exciting and very popular fighter who never avoided anybody.
          You don't think Floyd will be remembered for demolishing Diego Corrales, his two fight series with Castillo beating Chicanito Hernandez and basically every top 140 lber. of his era and doing it without losing?

I mean I could easily say that Pacquiao will just be remembered for beating aging Mexican legends, getting KO'd by two no namers at 112 and then hand picking opponents from 130 on up. It'd be about as true as what you said about Mayweather.

The facts are that they're both great fighters and it's very unlikely that either are done. What's more likely is that Floyd will fight again and probably against Cotto or Pacquiao or maybe even BOTH.

But do you really think Floyd was scared of the DLH rematch? If you do, you're really dumb.

Comment

Pacquiao's first win over Barrera is a better win than Mayweather has on his resume.

You didn't watch Floyd beat Hernandez or Corrales live did you? In fact, you probably started really watching boxing when Pacquiao beat Barrera. Am I right?

Comment

Two reasons I think Mayweather will be remembered as "greater":

1) Floyd is actually the better boxer.
              2) Floyd is American, whereas Manny is Filipino. (No contest in the phillpines though!)

Comment

Pacquiao will forever be a boxing legend like Duran.

Floyd will just be a another name on some old boxing statistics, unknown to everyone except for hard-core boxing fans.

Comment

Pacquiao's recent opponents are all mexican... handpicked???

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

He can't? If he were to beat Cotto and let's say KO him that'd give him what three KOs over prime undefeated champions. Either 7 or 8 victories over linear title holders (depending on whether or not we want to call Cotto-Margarito the new linear title fight), 15 victories over titlists and an undefeated record to boot. Pacquiao hasn't done that.

Pacquiao is really competitive with his top challengers and he usually outweighs them. Last nights fight was really the first time since the Morales fights that he fought someone who's about his size (and other than that he's always been bigger). So, while winning all those titles is still very impressive it's not the same as going up in weight and beating legitimately bigger guys.

Like it or not, Mayweather has gone up in weight and fought bigger guys. He avoided getting hit, which the sadists obviously hate, but that doesn't take away from how impressive it is. And furthermore, he's blown most of his top challengers out. Pacquiao really only did that in the first Barrera fight and the third Morales fight. So, you might think Pacquiao's career accomplishments are better, but it's not by much if they are.

Comment

Floyd will just be a another name on some old boxing statistics, unknown to everyone except for hard-core boxing fans.
                      You seriously...wish.

Poor lil' you.

Comment

Working...
                      X