• Show
Clear All

• Canelo is no Middleweight

and the World is flat!

They were fooling us the whole time.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
      No he should not.
      He paid the fee, he got the belt, he could have decided otherwise.

Besides, people here are exaggerating, GGG has shown some flaw, and Canelo is much better than anybody GGG has fought.
      A 55-45 fight with Canelo being the underdog.

As for him not being a MW.

He never fought a MW, true, he fought welters and super welters, his oppenents were not MW, but HE was and still is.
      Ok, difference of opinion, that's fine.

In #173 I outlined what I would probably do with Canelo if the fight with Golovkin can't be made at a weight that suits him. You see it differently, no problem.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by tokon View Post
        Whether he vacates or not means nothing to me either.

However, I'd rather have that step aside money in the bank than pay it to a guy not to fight! Plus he'd save the sanctioning fees as well!!
        if you're putting yourself in canelo's shoes, then they might be mis-fitting.

Canelo won't drop that belt bro. Get it out your head. If you were Canelo, you wouldn't either.

Do you understand the backlash he'd receive in Mexico if he pulled a Riddick Bowe and vacated the green belt? Are you aware of the relationship between Mexico and the WBC?

and like someone else said, he already paid the $300k sanctioning fee. Canelo's already invested. Plus, the belt serves as additional leverage vs other fighters in negotiations.

Comment

• I can't disagree with any of your recent posts. I dint care who he fights or at what weight either. Vacate if not ready. I think we are in the same page,

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
          I didn't ignore your points, and I don't know where you are getting the idea that I am okay with catch-weight fights? Again, I said vacate if he isn't ready for GGG. Fight needs to be at 160.

Comment

• Canelo should stop underestimating his own abilities and stop shouting to the world that he cant beat GGG at 160 by asking for CWs.

Did Miguel Cotto have a CW with Sergio? Did Miguel have warm up fights? Did RJJ have a CW with Ruiz or need warm up fights at heavyweight? If you are good enough you are big enough. If Canelo cant beat GGG at 160 its because he isn't good enough and not about being smaller than GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
              There is a technical definition for what division a fighter is competing at and then there is the reality of what that fighter's weight class really is. Pacquiao fighting for a super welterweight title didn't make him a super welterweight, same thing with Cotto at 160, and same thing will Canelo at 160. Canelo weighed in at 155 for a middleweight title fight, against a guy who came in at 153.5. Canelo has never fought a middleweight in his life. All his fights at 155 were against junior middleweights. No argument here, just facts.
              No, it doesn't matter. If you own the middleweight belt and are defending it you are a middleweight. There is no argument.

Henry Armstrong was defending his 147 belts against real welterweights weighing just over 135 lbs. He was a welterweight, Pacquiao fighting for a super welterweight title means he is a super welterweight, when did people start making excuses for ducking. Henry Armstrong never made people go to 135 to fight for the welterweight belt.

Comment

• Give me a break. This guy re-hydrates to more than 170. He is a good weight cutter, but his fat a$$ belongs at middleweight. There's a reason he is no longer fighting at 154.

Comment

• I think it's pretty obvious by the avalanche of responses that nobody agrees with the deluded point that Sparkman is trying to make. In fact, I could grab somebody off the street that doesn't know a thing about boxing, and SHE'D probably tell me that Canelo belongs at middleweight.

Enough with the excuses! Just come clean and say that Canelo will never fight GGG at 160 because he's scared ****less. You might get some credibility back.

Comment

• He is a middleweight...and has been for a while. He will be a better fighter at 160, I am certain he has **** stamina because he cuts weight. Time will tell, but his team need to have confidence and have him fight at his now natural weight. I agree with all the people saying if he doesn't do well then that is because he is not good enough. No one is saying go straight into a GGG fight, he should acclimate fight some good fighters at the weight and depending on how he does, obviously losing is out of the question, GGG in 12-15 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      He is a middleweight...and has been for a while. He will be a better fighter at 160, I am certain he has **** stamina because he cuts weight. Time will tell, but his team need to have confidence and have him fight at his now natural weight. I agree with all the people saying if he doesn't do well then that is because he is not good enough. No one is saying go straight into a GGG fight, he should acclimate fight some good fighters at the weight and depending on how he does, obviously losing is out of the question, GGG in 12-15 months.
                      Yes in an ideal world with no rush Canelo could have some nice warm up fights at 160 before taking on GGG. But people want to see it now, because GGG literally hasn't got anyone else to fight.

But I don't think that would help Canelo that much to be honest. Canelo doesn't stop fighters and he couldn't ko old man SSM, so unless he is much better at middleweight than he is at 154 I don't see him beating GGG fullstop.

He might outpoint him possibly if he don't get ko'ed but I really don't think having warm up fights will be of much use, just like it wouldn't have been much use for Miguel as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X