No announcement yet.

The Bradley-Garcia Comparison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bradley-Garcia Comparison

for the record I still think everyone needs to calm down because the Lucas fight will soon get signed.

However, lets just say it doesnt. Lets say that the Garcia's feel that he is in line for a huge money/fame fight wth Mayweather and doesnt want to risk it against Lucas so he decides to go another route.

Would you think that is worst then what Bradley did by ducking Khan for the Pac fight? Do you think these guys are really scared of Lucas & Khan or are just making smart business decisions?

Can you understand it? Would you do it if you were a fighter or would you just be a warrior and fight anyone at anytime but then maybe lose and never get the big money/fame that you couldve gotten?

What if they say that they have no problem fighting those guys but would rather do it after the big money/fame Floyd or Pac fight? That way they get what they always wanted while also making those lesser fights bigger in the process because they now have more exposure.

Or are the both just beetches? It 1st worked out great for Bradley as he got the big money/fame Pac fight and actually won. However, its been all downhill from there. Would his career be better right now had he taken the Khan fight and not sold his soul to Arum? Or should he just have fought a better fight against Pac or conducted hismelf better? or did he do nothing wrong and is being unfairly punished?

Do you think Garcia looks at what Bradley did by skipping Khan and thinks that is the right way to go espically since he doesnt have to sign with a different promoter since he's already with the same as Floyd, unlike the Bradley-Pac situation
    Last edited by DLT; 06-18-2013, 12:07 PM.

in tim's case he made a short term good business decision by signing with TR. Garcia is already with GBP so its a little different. Long term I think he regrets it-especially when he would've gottena floyd fight which would've paid more.

In danny's case he gets the floyd fight by beating lucas. in tim's case he was given a win over casa and then the manny fight-again not the same. danny cant make the same choice tim did IMO.

I think a fighter always has to make a business decision as this is their job. I know here on NSB as fans we talk legacy alot but you don't support your family on legacy-you do it with money and credit.

I dont think either tim or danny is scared. I think their managers are doing their jobs-looking out for their best long term interests by seeking the road that compensates them the most.

Comment

Both are scared,Tim was scared of losing to khan and not getting the PAC fight. If Danny doesnt fight Lucas, he's scared of him aswell. Yeah, it might be more of a business decisions cuz both would be avoiding them for big pay days BUT both are ducks at the end of the day. And trust me, Danny will get way more heat for not fighting Matthysse then Tim got for not fighting khan. Khan is a joke now to many so it looks ok that Tim did that but he would have gotten beat by khan.

Comment

I don't blame Tim because they wanted him to sign an extension. It wasn't just turning down the Khan fight. Like always there's a catch. Garcia passing on a fight with Matthysse would be worse. Now if Matthysse asks for a ridiculous amount of money now that's something different.

Comment

I think in Tim's case it was more of a business decision. He was having promotional issues etc. hindsight being 20/20 it was a good decision at the time. I believe it still is but with all the backlash from the PAC fight it kinda backfired. With Danny, he's sitting pretty right now. No promotional issues. I think there might be a issue with Al haymon. (Too many fighters on his roster creates a conflict of interest) with that being said if these guys are scared there in the wrong business and I don't think that's the case.

Comment

business decision to me means, scared of losing.

Comment

I'd say it's worse. Bradley-Khan was bad, I admit that as a Bradley fan, but Tim had also done more than enough to earn a Pac fight, and took a risk to get it. You also had different promoters involved.

Garcia hasn't done **** to earn a Mayweather fight, and Matthysse-Garcia was the plan going into their previous fights if they won. If the fight doesn't happen because of Garcia, when Golden Boy specifically set the two of them on a collision course with each other, it is worse than Bradley avoiding Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                in tim's case he made a short term good business decision by signing with TR. Garcia is already with GBP so its a little different. Long term I think he regrets it-especially when he would've gottena floyd fight which would've paid more.

In danny's case he gets the floyd fight by beating lucas. in tim's case he was given a win over casa and then the manny fight-again not the same. danny cant make the same choice tim did IMO.

I think a fighter always has to make a business decision as this is their job. I know here on NSB as fans we talk legacy alot but you don't support your family on legacy-you do it with money and credit.

I dont think either tim or danny is scared. I think their managers are doing their jobs-looking out for their best long term interests by seeking the road that compensates them the most.
                Bradley's decision has turned out really well for him. He got a Pac fight, he's getting Marquez, and if he beats Marquez he can get a Pac rematch. He'll be able to leave and go to Golden Boy if he wants soon as well, which I hope he does. It was a big risk, there was no guarantee Arum would give him Pac, but it worked out exactly like he wanted it too I think.

Comment

Working...
                X