Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was Prince Naseem Toughest fighter he faced?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    This is the truth.

Naz had problems dating back to when he left Ingle's gym. He had problems with weight, concentration, professionalism, hand problems, motivation - everything.

I love how some people are also claiming MAB gave Naz a beating or punished him, when in reality he boxed and moved and stayed out of harms way. It was also not a shut-out but a pretty competitive fight, where MAB just nicked a lot of the rounds by being more active.

It was what it was, but Naz wasn't himself by that stage.
    Naz anticipated Barrera fighting him the way he fought Morales. Apparently he was watching tapes of Junior Jones knocking him out, thinking he'd just do the same. That whole camp looked a shambles.

I don't think anyone really expected Barrera to be able to box a disciplined fight for 12 rounds so he deserves great credit for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Naz fought once more after Barrera. I don't understand this myth that Barrera "retired" him.

Naz was clearly not even interested in the sport before the Barrera fight. He'd made a **** tonne of money and invested it well. He had bad hand problems and decided not to fight again.

It's a nice story to say Barrera "sent him into retirement" but it's not really the truth.

Also, Barrera boxed a smart fight. He didn't "eat punches and keep coming" as the TS specified. He was very wary of Naz's power and did his best to avoid it the whole fight.

Wayne McCullough is probably the answer to the question.
      Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      This is the truth.

Naz had problems dating back to when he left Ingle's gym. He had problems with weight, concentration, professionalism, hand problems, motivation - everything.

I love how some people are also claiming MAB gave Naz a beating or punished him, when in reality he boxed and moved and stayed out of harms way. It was also not a shut-out but a pretty competitive fight, where MAB just nicked a lot of the rounds by being more active.

It was what it was, but Naz wasn't himself by that stage.

and like clockwork, here comes the biased brits with their lame, generic, and utterly stale talking points aka excuses as to why hamed got his soul ravaged and got broner bummed by barerra to boot.

I knew that was coming and ive debunked that garbage ass excuse for decades.

Hamed was facing his greatest opponent to date vs barrera in the biggest fight of his career, his first fight in las vegas, the mecca of boxing (which hamed stated repeatedly during the build up/promotion) but somehow wasnt up for it.

Do you realize how pathetic that sounds?

With Hamed's ridiculous i love allah ring entrance trying to shove allah in america's faces that night, im so glad at how that night turned out along with the future of both fighters.

Hamed is a first class scumbag who crippled a family man because he was such a effin douche. I cant believe such a grossly overrated fighter with very little substance in his resume get so much love in britain.

so glad he is trashed everywhere else like the scumbag that he is deserves.

Comment

Barrera [best I've faced]

"Best boxer would definitely be Naseem Hamed, because he made it extremely difficult to hit him. He would come around from different angles, his boxing approach would be different than the rest, and he stood out from the rest. His punching ability from different positions and overall a tough guy to land a solid punch on."

Cliffs on the others:

Best Overall: Morales
        Best Boxer: Hamed
        Best Jab: Morales
        Best Defense: Marquez
        Best Chin: Morales
        Best Puncher: Pacquiao
        Fastest Feet: Pacquiao
        Smartest: Hamed
        Strongest: Pacquiao

Comment

MAB massively always ballin

Comment

Hamed showed how a true champion bounces back from a loss......oh wait........

Comment

I don't like the McCullough choice because, other than eating punches, he did nothing.

Barrera is the obvious pick but I thought both Paul Ingle and Manuel Medina gave Naseem a lot of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                I don't like the McCullough choice because, other than eating punches, he did nothing.

Barrera is the obvious pick but I thought both Paul Ingle and Manuel Medina gave Naseem a lot of problems.
                Well that is what was specified in the opening post.

Comment

Originally posted by C E L L View Post
                  and like clockwork, here comes the biased brits with their lame, generic, and utterly stale talking points aka excuses as to why hamed got his soul ravaged and got broner bummed by barerra to boot.

I knew that was coming and ive debunked that garbage ass excuse for decades.

Hamed was facing his greatest opponent to date vs barrera in the biggest fight of his career, his first fight in las vegas, the mecca of boxing (which hamed stated repeatedly during the build up/promotion) but somehow wasnt up for it.
                  Hamed got outboxed by Barrera. Watch the fight. "Soul ravaged" is the epitome of hyperbole.

It's not that he wasn't up for it, he clearly wasn't prepared for what Barrera was going to bring. His arrogance was at an all time high and he thought he could go and knock him out as soon as he landed. He had no real game plan under Manny Steward who was a terrible choice of trainer for him. He actually had two trainers which was ridiculous in itself.

Comment

barrera-hamed is one of the best featherweight fights ever. or atleast meaningful to me

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Well that is what was specified in the opening post.
                      Yeah but I felt McCullough did little else whereas Ingle/Medina kept coming (throwing punches, not just walking forward).

Comment

Working...
                      X