If you could change anything about boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could change anything about boxing

what would it be?

I'd like to change a number of things, but first and most importantly get rid of all the alphabet titles and have just one governing body and one title.

I would pick all the fights

Yeh the same really, the titles are ****ed up and i think running away should be considered as cheating as clinching is.

Comment

no scoring ... the winner is the one who is still standing - lol

Comment

landing punches would count more than trying to land punches and missing

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
          what would it be?

I'd like to change a number of things, but first and most importantly get rid of all the alphabet titles and have just one governing body and one title.
          I actually dont mind the ABC soup from a fighters perspective as it gives many more fighters a chance to fight for WT , , but I would like to see all organisations controlled by an overseer whos sole aim is to get a unified champion which means

1) If you win a WT the other two champions become your mandatory , you must defend first against one of them , highest bidder gets to decide who it is , if you defend successfully you now have two titles and you may have a fight of your choice from no lower than than top 4 of the 2 bodys you represent as champion , if you win that you must fight the remaining WT holder and he is your mandatory , if you win you are the unified Champ and you can fight any of the top 2 ranked fighters from any body ,,,, and around we go .

2) All fighters ranked above 50 must fight somebody ranked higher than themselves all the way to the top and champ , you can never fight somebody ranked lower than yourself unless you are Champ .

3) All unification fights to return to 15 Rounds , unification should be special and a battle of the very best who got there tested under fire , this dream system guarantees the best fighters fight the best , every fighter gets a go if they are good enough because the rankings really mean you earned it .

4) Trial by camera , if a pt is taken and the camera proves it too be wrong like Hatton Floyd then the pt is over ruled and given back .

5) No drawn fights , you go another round .

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
            what would it be?

Agreed 100%. That is the single most important change boxing could make. If that single governing body then introduced a transparent, mandatory ranking and defences system, that would be perfect.

Now all we need is Bill Gates to become a fan and buy total control...
            ________
            VAPIR ONE VAPORIZER
            Last edited by abadger; 03-20-2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
              I actually dont mind the ABC soup from a fighters perspective as it gives many more fighters a chance to fight for WT , , but I would like to see all organisations controlled by an overseer whos sole aim is to get a unified champion which means

1) If you win a WT the other two champions become your mandatory , you must defend first against one of them , highest bidder gets to decide who it is , if you defend successfully you now have two titles and you may have a fight of your choice from no lower than than top 4 of the 2 bodys you represent as champion , if you win that you must fight the remaining WT holder and he is your mandatory , if you win you are the unified Champ and you can fight any of the top 2 ranked fighters from any body ,,,, and around we go .

2) All fighters ranked above 50 must fight somebody ranked higher than themselves all the way to the top and champ , you can never fight somebody ranked lower than yourself unless you are Champ .

3) All unification fights to return to 15 Rounds , unification should be special and a battle of the very best who got there tested under fire , this dream system guarantees the best fighters fight the best , every fighter gets a go if they are good enough because the rankings really mean you earned it .

4) Trial by camera , if a pt is taken and the camera proves it too be wrong like Hatton Floyd then the pt is over ruled and given back .

Nice one, some great suggestions man.

Comment

Revert back to the original 8 weight classes.
                But keep cruiserweight though.

Comment

well the ratings skeme is all ****ed up. floyd's fighting everyone but his weight class. de la hoya is fighting hand picked forbes. so basically the fighters that have made their way threw the rankings can't get a shot. and that's bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post

number 2 is impossible, if a boxer is fighting a opponent ranked higher, the opponent is breaking the rule by fighting a lower ranked boxer
                    Last edited by $partacus; 04-24-2008, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X