Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prediction: Miguel Cotto -vs- Antonio Margarito will be FOTY!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prediction it won't even be a top 3 fight of that day

Wolak vs Rodriguez, Mares vs Agbeko and Jones vs Lujan will be better fights.

Cotto vs Margarito will be an ok fight nothing more. Even the first fight(which was excellent) has become massively overrated.

R.Marquez vs Vasquez 3
    JMM vs Pacquiao 2
    Froch vs Pascal

all better fights that year
    Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 11-30-2011, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post

Cotto vs Margarito will be an ok fight nothing more. Even the first fight(which was excellent) has become massively overrated.

R.Marquez vs Vasquez 3
      JMM vs Pacquiao 2
      Froch vs Pascal

I've rewatched cotto margarito several times. I'm a big Froch fan, and against Pascal was an excellent fight. But the action in cotto/margs one for me was way more entertaining.

Also did you really enjoy Mares agbeko thaat much? I thought it was a good fight, but to just assume the rematch is going to be better.. Sounds like you have something against these guys' matchup.

Comment

R.Marquez vs Vasquez 3
        JMM vs Pacquiao 2
        Froch vs Pascal

You don't think Kirkland Angulo tops all?

Comment

R.Marquez vs Vasquez 3
          JMM vs Pacquiao 2
          Froch vs Pascal

Neither of these fights even had a momentum shift in who was winning the fight. JMM/Pac 2 was also really good, but I have Cotto/Margarito as tops that year.

I've rewatched Wolak vs Rodriguez, and while it was a great FNF. It doesn't even have sustained rewatch value. They kind of get into a messy rhthym that drones.. Pretty exciting on initial watch since you're not sure if either guy will finish the fight, but not so much the second go around. Imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            You don't think Kirkland Angulo tops all?
            Kirkland Angulo arguably has the round of the year. After Angulo punched himself out though, it wasn't really that riveting. It was a guy with energy verse a winded guy. The fight never shifted momentum again. Just several rounds of Angulo getting beat. I can guarantee Kirkland Angulo will not be FOTY.

Comment

Originally posted by OfficialUBFNews View Post
              Neither of these fights even had a momentum shift in who was winning the fight. JMM/Pac 2 was also really good, but I have Cotto/Margarito as tops that year.

I've rewatched Wolak vs Rodriguez, and while it was a great FNF. It doesn't even have sustained rewatch value. They kind of get into a messy rhthym that drones.. Pretty exciting on initial watch since you're not sure if either guy will finish the fight, but not so much the second go around. Imo.
              Wolak vs Rodriguez was amazing not only is it CLEARLY the best fight this year but its in the discussion as the best fight of the last 5 years. No reason to expect it to be much different this time except I think if Wolak 's eye doesn't close he'll find a way to stop Rodriguez.

Also rewatch Froch vs Pascal its clearly better than Margarito Cotto

Comment

Margarito's eye says he is in for six rds.

Comment

Working...
                X