No announcement yet.

Edwin Valero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwin Valero

July 02, 2005 - The underground legend of Edwin Valero continues to grow, as the medically suspended boxing outlaw resurfaced in Panama just long enough to collect his fourteenth first-round knockout in fourteen pro fights. Fighting on a Panama City card on Friday, the junior lightweight Valero stopped veteran Esteban De Jesus Morales, now 24-9-1, in the first round. Valero was on the verge of becoming a contender when on the eve of his national television debut, it was discovered a previous motorcycle accident had left him with serious head injuries. The Venezuelan was banned from boxing in the United States and has taken his act to Central and South America for two bouts this year. source: boxeo-boxing

I got this from **********.net
    I can't believe this guy is still fighting after they took his license. However I personally feel its his life and he should do what he wants with it. 14 first round K.O.'s in 14 professional fights is incredible. I wonder if there is a way for him to dispute the decision for him to fight in the U.S. I'd love to see this kid in action but if the power that be say no then I guess I'll just have to keep reading up on the kid.

It's going to be even harder now to get his license back because he has been fighting after being banned in the United States. If he hasn't had any problems since the accident I don't see why they won't let him fight. They haven't banned Barrera and he has a plate in his head.

Comment

I was reading some time back and they claim this kid was knocking out sparring partners without even trying. Its a damn shame talent like that is going to be wasted unless his people can find someway to get him a license.

Comment

Edwin Valero is a warrior..

He will be a ring legend, he is a warrior, because his risking his life for it....

You got to risk to be successful..

"I'd rather die like a man than live like a coward."

Comment

why did he get banned here in the US?

Comment

He got into a motorcycle accident sometime when he was a kid and sustained head injuries. Because of that the boxing commision took his license.

I wonder did Tyson have 14 1st round K.O.s in his first 14 professional fights?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy360
              He got into a motorcycle accident sometime when he was a kid and sustained head injuries. Because of that the boxing commision took his license.

I wonder did Tyson have 14 1st round K.O.s in his first 14 professional fights?
              nope.. he only has 6 first round KOs in a row.

Comment

Working...
              X