No announcement yet.

***The Official Gun/Ammo Thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RicspekOnMaName View Post
    Been giving some serious thought about coppin' one of those....before they totally outlaw them here in CA currently I only have a stable fo HG
    I'd like to collect rifles but with all the stupid cali laws rather not.

I ain't spending money on a rifle only to have it butchered with bullet buttons and funky looking stocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      I'd like to collect rifles but with all the stupid cali laws rather not.

I ain't spending money on a rifle only to have it butchered with bullet buttons and funky looking stocks.
      Im not a purist per say so I don't care bout that but I do want my money's worth............

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        I like .223 but always stick to 7.62x39mm.

Big difference when the bullet has to go thru something i.e. a wall or car or bushes.

.300 blackout is pretty much AK 7.62x39mm in an ar-15 platform with an option for subsonic anmo
        It's BS ( the 300 blackout) if you ask me there is already one out there .30cal M1 carbine bullets. and to try and get the subsonic bullet is totally ******ed. carry a .38 snubby instead. I see no point to the .300 blackout at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
          It's BS ( the 300 blackout) if you ask me there is already one out there .30cal M1 carbine bullets. and to try and get the subsonic bullet is totally ******ed. carry a .38 snubby instead. I see no point to the .300 blackout at all.
          I got me a 300 blackout, shoots like .223 and 5.56 but at shorter distance, but I too am more of a pistol guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

I think the .300 Blackout is more than enough.

Just saying there is an even more powerful option for the AR out there.
            yup, AR-10 is what .308 right, how about that .50 beowulf?

Comment

• Originally posted by RicspekOnMaName View Post
              What say you? yeah or naw?

I'd have to try it before making that decision, but I cant see how it is comfortable

Comment

Big power difference between .30 carbine and .300 blackout.

Plus for .30 carbine pretty much you need an my carbine.

.300 blackout uses a .223 case. Any .223 can fire .300 blackout with a barrel change.

The reason for a subsonic .300 blackout is longer range suppressed fire. It's pretty much for special forces, military purposes.

It has to do with sectional density of the bullet.

A .30 cal subsonic bullet will travel straighter, longer and keep velocity further than a .38, 9mm or .45 bullet of the same weight and muzzle velocity.

Also a .38 snubnose shoots a 125 grain bullet at 900 fps if that.

A .300 blackout 125 gr goes about 2200 fps.

A .300 blackout subsonic is a 220 grain bullet at a lil under 1000 fps.

Totally different animal.

As I said, you keep confusing .300 blackout to a pistol cartridge. It's not. It's a rifle. It's a .223 with a. 30 cal bullet.

Comment

Plus for .30 carbine pretty much you need an m1 carbine.

.300 blackout uses a .223 case. Any .223 can fire .300 blackout with a barrel change.

The reason for a subsonic .300 blackout is longer range suppressed fire. It's pretty much for special forces, military purposes.

A .30 cal subsonic bullet will travel straighter, longer and keep velocity further than a .38, 9mm or .45 bullet of the same weight and muzzle velocity.

As I said, you keep confusing .300 blackout to a pistol cartridge. It's not. It's a rifle. It's a .223 with a. 30 cal bullet.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X